Is it just me, or was that possibly the worst “big stage” night on Idol ever? Wow. Tonight could’ve been great considering they were able to pick from all of the #1s. What in the world were they thinking with some of those song choices? And Miley Cyrus as the mentor…really?
I think the only one tonight that showed some sort of talent above a good karaoke song or high school choir performance was Crystal. It wasn’t her best by any means, but it was good. She is talented, and I’ll be curious to see how she does without the guitar.

As far as the rest:
Aaron ~ I know that I’m in the minority about this guy. Yes, he is a good singer. And yes, he’s better than several of the others. I don’t know what it is, but I’m still not a fan. His was one of the better of the bad ones tonight, but I still think of a little kid when I watch him.
Andrew ~ I Heard It Through The Grapevine? Seriously??!!
Casey ~ Yes, he’s a cutie and yes, he can play a mean guitar. But I was on board with Simon in that the other judges heard something totally different. It was just like an 80s cover band. (Although, I will always heart the 80s!) Boring song choice.
Didi ~ At first, I was thinking it could be good and different. I liked the song. She cheesed it up too much. I still want her to stick around for awhile.
Katie ~ I’m not necessarily a fan of hers, but tonight was definitely her best performance. I love that song.
Lee ~ I want to see him do great so bad, but it just isn’t happening. What in the world was he thinking with that song? He seems petrified and completely incapacitated by the nerves.
Michael ~ Good singing. Cheesy performance. Not my style.
Paige ~ Oh my. That was bad. I was impressed she took the critiques so well. I’m thinking she’s going home.
Tim ~ Cheeeeeeeese.
Siobhan ~ Was that an ode to Sanjaya hairdo or what? I LOVE me some Stevie Wonder, so I was happy with the song choice. Not her best by far, but it was definitely better than many of the others. I’m growing weary of the big scream at the end…especially when it doesn’t sound that great.
Next week…Top 10. They need to step it up. Thoughts?

1 comment:
Jody and I were shocked at how bad the whole night was. TERRIBLE! I am with you on Miley Cirus. Seriously?.... Not good.
Post a Comment