Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Top 12

Now in the 9th season, I’m still an American Idol addict. Not sure why considering I don’t have a single ounce of musical talent in me. But I love the show and find myself every season just as hooked as the one before.

Now is when I really start enjoying the show. When everyone gets good. So for whatever it’s worth, here are my quick thoughts on the Top 12.

The Good:

Siobahn is one quirky girl. I can’t figure her out. And yes, as Kara said, she does seem to be the Adam Lambert of this season. Just with less eyeliner. I do think her voice is great, and that last really pretty note helped redeem the really bad screaming note right before. But I still don’t 100% get her. Hoping she’ll clue me in a little more in weeks to come. I’m sure she’s around for awhile.


I really liked Didi both last week and this week. Maybe it’s just the style of music I prefer, but I thought both weeks were great songs. She seems so nervous, but I hope she gets put through for several more weeks, so she can prove herself.



And Crystal has been one of my favorites each week so far. That girl is talented. Tonight wasn’t her best, but it sure was pretty good. Curious to see how or if she’ll change things up.

I also liked Lee (some serious Dave Matthews vibes tonight) and Tim (I didn’t think the reggae version was really that bad).

The Bad:

I admit to raising my voice a little at the TV tonight. The comparison of Aaron to my beloved Justin Timberlake. What??!! I know Aaron can sing well, but he seems like a little kid trying to act like a grown-up. I didn’t feel that way about David Archuleta several seasons ago. Not sure what it is, but I’m not a fan. Sorry.

Thank goodness, there weren’t any horrible performances. The rest were just kind of there. I’m guessing that maybe Andrew is going home. I LOVED when he sang Straight Up earlier in the season, and nothing has come close since.

So anyone else watching? Thoughts?

5 comments:

Autumn said...

Kelly,

I am watching(of course)and I agree with everything,except,I love Aaron. I think he's amazing and I thought tonight he was great. I will be sad if Andrew goes home, but we shall see!!!

Aut

The Sandersons said...

Ick, I am SO DISAPPOINTED in this season (Ellen included). It's so snoozville!! I don't think anyone is that great. I am still bitter over them letting Shelby and (I forget her name but she tried out 3 seasons in a row and has a special needs child) go before the top 24. Horrible picks for top 24=awful season. I may stop watching.

I don't get the Aaron thing AT ALL!!! (or the David Archie thing either).

Holly O'Quinn said...

Kelly, I don't see why you like Tim Urban. Really? The boy IS so dang cute it kills me, but other than that I can do without him. Give me back Alex Lambert! I'm a Bowersox fan. She totally reminds me of Melissa Ethridge whom I love. She is unique and talented. Unlike, Paige and Katy. I am still a bit confused on the whole Kaitlyn/Lilly oust. How'd that happen? Kaitlyn's interpretation of The Scientist was great. I think the Carol King song killed it for her.

Looking forward to more Idol posts.

Mom said...

Guess this might be corny, since no one else mentioned him, but I am a BIG big Mike fan!!

jaime s said...

Holly-- I liked Alex too!! He was my fave :)