Saturday, March 19, 2011

35...Really???

Guess I'm going to have to change the name of this 'ol blog at some point.

It floors me that it's been over 6 years since the first post. And it all started with my impeding 30th birthday. I couldn't believe I was about to turn 30 back then. And now, I can't believe that I just turned 35. We're starting to round up to 40.

As I say with most birthdays, I'm not walking around all Debbie Downer because I feel old. I'm walking around wondering how in the world I'm 35. That used to sound and seem so OLD. But I don't feel old. Surely I don't seem old. Right? :) I guess this paradox will continue for many more years.

Year 35 started off great. I woke up on my birthday morning to these lovelies picked out by my 3 guys.

And later that evening (following a fun birthday trip to the pediatrician), Wade & I headed out on a birthday Date Night. Last minute, I asked our babysitter to take a picture of us outside*** because we rarely get pictures of just the two of us.

And the evening included one of my all-time favorite meals...Spiedino Di Mare. Yum!


And right at this moment, I'm enjoying one of my birthday presents from Wade. A house to myself. Yes, that sounds pretty wrong asking for everyone to leave me alone for my birthday. But after way too many overwhelmed moments of me complaining I could never get anything done (*** like change out the winter wreath maybe?), Wade decided to take off with the boys to give me 24 hours at the house. By myself.

Quiet + No interruptions + Productivity = Pure 35-year-old bliss.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Lookin' good at 35 sister! Glad you had a fun birthday...even if you were by yourself:)

Random Web Person said...

I just turned 30, so I was looking around to see how old I really was, and came to this site.

I feel better, because you're five years older than me and you don't look or seem old at all.