Sunday, March 20, 2011

Will ~ 11 Months

It is seriously causing pain every time I pull out his monthly shirt to wear. There's only one left...his 1! Soaking it in. Soaking it in.

Our sweet Will has had a fun month. We are seeing more and more of his personality and his funny quirks emerge. Love it!
  • He has a funny laugh, which my sister likes to point out that it sounds like my "courtesy laugh." It does have a little Beavis & Butthead to it as well.
  • A few times I've heard him try to say "woof" or "quack." He LOVES when I read animal books to him and make the animal noises. Although I'm not sure anyone else would understand, I can tell he's also trying to say bye-bye and night-night. He says Mama a lot. :) And he says "beeee" all day long. Would love to know what that means in his head.
  • He is still a pretty happy guy, but he is showing us more and more when he doesn't like something. Usually that's when he has to get out of the bath and changed, put back in the car seat for 20th time on one day, or when he is exhausted. There are some serious cries and even some thrashing. Doesn't happen a lot, but watch out when it does.
  • Teething = not fun for Will. He already had the two bottom teeth, and this month, a top front tooth came in. That did not make for a happy baby. And I can tell he's starting to bite on a lot more things. Like my fingers. Hoping we don't have a biter on our hands!
  • He is pulling up on his own a lot more. He loves to stand up, but he hasn't figured out to move his feet from the stationary position. And when he pulls up in his crib, he hasn't figured out how to get down.
  • Still not a full-blown crawler. But he has perfected his creep/twist/swimming move and can get most anywhere he wants to go. It seriously looks like he's swimming on the ground. And with this skill, he can now find the smallest speck of dirt on the ground. He seems to enjoy the challenge of getting those.
  • Oh boy, Will enjoys dropping and throwing things. He does it with a completely serious face, which can be funny. Although it's not funny when the pacis are being thrown across the room.
  • He got his 3rd ear infection. No talk about tubes yet, but we'll see how things go once sick season is over. We have learned that Will does NOT like taking medicine.
  • Wade is forbidden from cutting his hair anymore. Will has got tons of crazy flyaways, which Wade likes to use his electric razor and trim up. We had a partial mohawk on our hands after the last time. Yikes.
  • He is a cuddler. I LOVE it! He will nuzzle his little head on your shoulder and make some funny noises. So cute.



Enjoying this last month so much before the big 1. How is that possible?

3 comments:

Robyn said...

How is it possible that he's 11 months old??? Almost ONE??? So sweet though. Both of your little men are just too cute! And, Happy Birthday, very belated! I've been away from reading blogs for a little while. 35 is a little bittersweet, huh?

Shannon said...

Can't believe he'll be ONE next month! Seriously crazy. And I'm seriously sad we can't be there.

Will, you are too cute and we love you!

Pearson Family said...

Hard to believe. And I would also like to point out you are doing a fantastic job with your camera!!!