Friday, March 18, 2011

My Irish Eyes Are Smiling

So the family legend is that way back when, my great-great-great (I think??!!) grandparents came to America from Ireland changing their last name from McEnright to Enright. I could have that wrong, but that's the story I'm going with for now.

I'm not sure what percentage of Irish heritage that makes me, but on St. Patrick's Day, we pull the Irish card and act like the day is all for us Irishmen. Not sure Tate ever really got why in the world the day was special or why in the world I was making everyone wear green.

But a good excuse for a fun day and our 2nd annual green pancakes & eggs dinner!

When you ask a 4-year-old to smile at the camera, here's what you sometimes...usually...get.



This year, Tate even got to help make the green-themed dinner.



Will got to join in the green fun as well.


An Old Irish Blessing:

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Mallory was confused as well, but had fun! "Pull the Irish card"...I like that!

Alyssa said...

We have to celebrate our Irishness together someday!