Monday, November 21, 2011

Texas Pittsburgh Pirates T-Ball


Tate just finished up his first ever season of T-Ball.  It was a fun experience for him and proved that yet again, this kid loves sports.  The league was a YMCA league and was very laid back and low key.  For his first experience with T-ball, that was exactly what I was hoping for.  The team was the "Texas" Pittsburgh Pirates, and Coach Carlos was so great and patient with all of the kids.

He loved it.  Loved going to practice, loved playing, loved wearing the batter's helmet, loved throwing the ball, loved throwing himself on the ground to catch a ball...loved it all.  Somewhere in the season, he started a trend of playing 1st base.  The coach let him stay at it, so that's what he played most games.  I was impressed with how focused he was, and how he knew what to do most of the time.  And a little bragging mom moment...he has got quite an arm and could throw the ball really well.  It was cute to see him do the pitcher wind-up anytime he threw the ball.  :)

Watching this age kiddos play T-ball is pretty hilarious and adorable at the same time.  So funny to see half the team run for the ball at the same time.  And one of the funniest Tate moments was when he was playing 1st base.  His team had all boys on it, but some of the other teams had a few girls.  I guess I never mentioned that to him.  The first time a girl on another team got on 1st base, I watched as Tate was staring at her and looking at her hair trying to figure out if this was a boy or a girl.  He never said a word, but you could tell it was perplexing him.  I later enlightened him that, yes, girls can play T-ball too.  :)

We were proud of our Tater Tot that he gave 100% each time he was out there. 









No comments: