Thursday, November 03, 2011

Halloween ~ 2011

Halloween was a lot of fun this year.  We started with the annual tradition of eating (i.e. inhaling as fast as possible to hurry and start trick-or-treating!!!!) the pumpkin pizza.


And as far as costumes went, I was pretty proud of my plan.  Tate wanted he and Will to be Batman & Robin.  Since I know that we have YEARS of superheroes and other all-boy themed costumes ahead of us, I tried to steer him another direction and promised the duo for next year.  He obliged and let me look forward to one last year of a cute, sweet baby costume.  Will would get to wear the adorable lion costume that Tate wore when he was almost 2.  It would be a sweet, nostalgic moment.  :)

So here is how that moment went...


My mistake in the fact that I never tried the thing on Will.  I already knew it would fit him fine.  I was more concerned wondering if he'd let me draw a nose & whiskers on him.  Never saw this one coming.  And boy did it come with a vengeance.  He wanted absolutely nothing to do with that costume.  In fact, I'm not sure I've seen him get that upset in a really long time.  This is all occurring Halloween morning.

So we went with Plan B.


Clearly he was much happier with this option.  Goodbye dreams of adorable lion costume.  :(

Now Tate on the other hand was beyond excited about his costume.


A lot of credit for this costume choice goes to his wonderful Discovery (science) teachers at preschool.  Last year they had a month long lesson on outer space.  Tate absolutely LOVED it.  So dressing up as an astronaut was the next best thing to being Batman.  :)


And we loved having our friends Weston & Taylor (otherwise known as Not-Scary Mummies) over for another year of Trick-or-Treating.


They did great together and had lots of fun. Sweet friends.




 And then it was time to head home.  We let Tate stay up a few extra minutes to sit on the porch and hand out candy.  His way of doing that was yelling across the street at anyone who walked by, "Hey! Do you want some candy???" and then dumping at least 10 pieces in their bags.  :)

By the time the night was over, we ended up with way too much candy and some good memories of a fun night!

No comments: