Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Misc. February

So I started February with a big parenting fail. Tate was excited to wake up on Groundhog Day and find out if we would have more Winter or Spring. He has quickly decided that he is a Spring & Summer kind of guy and wishes he could wear shorts every day of the year. So I Googled the famous Punxsutawney Phil to find out. As you can see, he was pretty bummed...


Well the fail was when I later realized that the video I Googled was from 2012...not 2013. Way to go, Google. :) Tate was relieved. 

The next day we watched the Super Bowl at my parent's house. Given our NoCal blood line, it made sense that we would all be cheering for the 49ers. Tate even modeled a family heirloom. :) But being the competitive, trailblazer he is, he quickly decided he wanted to be the only one to cheer for the other team. He doesn't like to be forced into something (ironic how similar this is to a certain grandfather of his who used to wear this shirt????)  :)  This strategy actually worked out well for him with a win by the Ravens. Not sure my parents have forgiven him yet, though. 
The "say cheese" face.
Tate's school had the annual Literacy Night. Such a fun night for everyone, including Wade who was one of the storytellers in the campgrounds.
Pajama Day & Razzle Dazzle Hat Parade ("silly" word label that had to describe the hat).
If something on a show makes Will a little nervous, this is how I can sometimes find him.
And there's no telling the reason for this.
First-ever Library Card!
Birds really do freak me out (a giant makaw in a pet store attacked my hair scrunchy while I was wearing it...tramautized!), but our family has taken a liking to certain bird in particular. We are all convinced this is the same cardinal we have seen the last two years. And we are all convinced we know his call. He has been affectionately named "Red," and Tate & I are were quite excited for our first post-winter sighting.
2013 started off with a bang for Will and his speech therapy. The words started coming more & more. And I've never known a kiddo that loved letters more than him. :)


Or the iPad

No comments: