Thursday, April 13, 2006

Best/Worst

I saw this on Kent's blog and thought it was interesting...My 5 Best & Worst Purchases. It's a lot of pressure to think best and worst of all time, but at least off the top of my head, here goes:

Best Purchases:


  • 3 credit hours of Business Math@ ACU - Odd that it's on my best list, because I got a "D" in the class! But it ended up being a pretty good investment, since that's where Wade & I became such good friends. Who knew, when I walked into the class and saw that empty seat next to Wade "how do you say or spell his last name," I'd be writing about it 10 years later and his last name would be mine?
  • Macy - We're crazy about our dog! What would life be like without our co-dependent golden retriever?
  • GAP jean jacket - I love it and have definitely got my money's worth.
  • "Justified" - Justin Timberlake's first solo CD...it never gets old...he is the cutest!
  • Sauchony tennis shoes - the shoes I trained and completed a marathon in. They got me through all 26.2 miles.

Worst Purchases:

  • Light-colored carpet - I guess it was supposed to help design and flow, but it's sadly turned me into high-maintenance Kelly. I'm sure the carpet cleaning service we use would categorize it as a "best" purchase.
  • Spanish class @ a community college - I thought I would go back to school to learn Spanish. I don't remember a thing.
  • "Delirium" - We just went to the newest Cirque de Soliel show. I've seen others and loved them. No one told us that we should've been tripping on acid to enjoy and/or understand the show.
  • Neon phone - I had my own phone line in my room during junior high. I thought it would be so cool to get one of those see-through phones that has neon lights. The phone drove me bonkers and woke me up all of the time. The ring was so loud and annoying, and the entire room would light up when it rang.
  • MC Hammer pants -I still can't believe I wore them, but I did. I distinctly remember that they were black and purple paisley rayon pants. To coordinate, I had a super cool purple rayon shirt with coordinating black button covers. Yikes!

Feel free to share your best & worst!

6 comments:

Phylemon said...

Hey Kelly, it's Paul from Church. VRCC is really starting to take up its own little corner of the blogosphere. Anyway, you couldn't be more right about the old Community College Spanish Class. All it got me was laughter from my Hispanic students when I tried it out on them.

Kelly said...

Hey Paul,

We are taking over. :)

Glad I'm not the only one that wasted $75 on a class. The reality is that it didn't work for me b/c I'm not quite disciplined enough to study for a class with no grades. Happy blogging!

Eric Swayne said...

Delirium! I was wondering how that was. We saw Varekai when Cirque was in Dallas last time, and it was phenomenal. Sorry your experience caught them feeling "experimental." Rent a few of the good shows from Netflix to get the taste out of your mouth.

Kelly said...

Hey Eric,
I'm actually a huge CdS fan. We saw Vareki in Dallas a couple of years ago, and I loved it! I've watched several of the shows on Bravo as well.

I feel like I can ususally appreciate avant-garde art, but this one was just kooky and odd.

Wade said...

Am I the only one who noticed the MC Hammer pants?

I can't believe you people are letting her get away with that one! As Kelly's husband, the question in my mind is 'how did I not know about this one?' Not that it changes anything - I love my wife just as much if she were wearing MC Hammer pants or a dress. (Although if she were to put on her old Hammer threads then I'm sure I would look like Chandler from Friends the time when he had to go an entire day without making a sarcastic comment!)

But I just can't believe that I have gone 10 years without knowing (and using) the fact that my wife was so much a fan of a rapper that she wanted to DRESS like him!

This gives me 10 years worth of material!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Wade, can't give Kelly grief over the MC Hammer pants when I had a pair of my own! It's funny to picture Kelly wearing them today...what would she accessorize them with from Ann Taylor?