Saturday, April 08, 2006

I pulled a "Ross" from Friends

My very nice father-in-law and mother-in-law recently gave us a free night at the Four Seasons, since they wouldn't be able to stay there. How exciting! I actually worked at the Four Seasons as an intern during college, but had never stayed there...and it was for free (even better)!

By the time we were checking out of the hotel, the bag I brought seemed a little fuller. This is where I agree with Ross that there are certain items in a hotel room that are your "gift" for staying...right? :) Don't you remember the episode where he takes everything from the lightbulbs to the salt?

I didn't take it that far, but I love coming home from a hotel stay with a new cute mini bottle of shampoo & conditioner, fancy soaps, or even the nice notepads and pens. Now our houseguests get to enjoy a little piece of the Four Seasons, even while staying in our less than 5-star guest room.

I'm no clepto...I left the fluffy robe in the room (even though it sure looked cute).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I thought Brad was the only one who stole the notepads and pens from hotels! Just so you know, I always feel like I am in a 5 start hotel when I stay at your house and take a shower with body wash from Atlantis:) You are too funny.

Kelly said...

It's not stealing! It's good PR for me to share the hotel experience with my house guests. :)