Saturday, June 30, 2007

Embarassing Story

Now for my embarrassing story. So the other day, I was desperate for an eyebrow wax. I am completely unable to take the pain of tweezing my own eyebrows. Instead, I have to pay someone to rip hot wax off of them. Makes sense, doesn’t it? So after the hot wax ripping, my eyes normally swell up and look like I have on 1980’s neon pink eye shadow. Sounds fun, huh? So I’m driving home from the torture and realize that I have to run into the grocery store to get something for dinner.

Wouldn’t you know it, standing there with my inflamed neon pink eyes, I run into a family friend that I’ve known for 20 years. I’m not really sure what I even said in that conversation because I was so embarrassed and was wondering what he was thinking was wrong with my eyes.

So later we’re standing in the check-out lane, and I’m talking to him and unloading my groceries. I somehow manage to turn in a way that my jeans slide across the side of the conveyor belt and come unbuttoned. Oh no, my face is now the color of my eyes! I could’ve played it cool and no one would’ve known because my shirt was covering the buttons. But no. Instead, in mid-conversation, I instantly drop my groceries and bend over. I pause for a moment, and to my relief, I realize my pants are not falling down. So I casually stand up and return to the conversation without mentioning what that episode was all about.

I’m sure this guy thinks motherhood has made me lose it in the head!

1 comment:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Kelly! That is too funny! I love the mental picture and would love to know what this guy was thinking. I hate plucking the eyebrows so i only wax-I got used to it after awhile but it is still not the best pain but so much better than plucking one at a time!