Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Happy 6 Months Baby Tate!


Wow, Tate’s a whole half! This past month has been pretty fun to watch. Each day we hear more and more babbling, which is actually starting to sound more and more like some recognizable sounds. As many of our friends heard this past Sunday night, he likes to babble a lot...and as loud as possible.

The most dramatic change this month has been his hair. Yes, his hair. If you remember the little newborn with a full head of dark hair, you might not even recognize this 6 month old blonde little boy. He really looks so different now that the dark hair has fallen out and the lighter fuzz is growing back in. You can really see it in this picture.






He had rice cereal for the first time just a few days ago. As you can see, I don’t think he’s a big fan. In fact, he hasn't enjoyed any of the "solid" (which is really not that solid) food I've given him so far. I hope this isn't a sign of a future picky eater. :)





A daily dilemma and question for Tate…Is this toy worth taking my thumb out of my mouth?




He also recently attended his first wedding. It was an outdoor one on one of the few sunny days this month, so he got to break out the cool denim hat. I think it's cute...Wade thinks it’s a little too girlie.


Hence, Wade’s trip to Old Navy to buy him his own baseball cap.

Tate's a huge fan of our evening walks. And Macy doesn't seem to mind as long as the scary stroller doesn't get too close.


I love those blue eyes!



12 comments:

Keri said...

We have that same stripped Carters outfit for Mason. I love it. And the hat is not girly one bit. Love the baseball hat though. Cute pictures Kelly!!!

Cereal, um yeah.. Good luck with that. It is just one huge mess that is so fun to take pictures of.

Brooks Inc. said...

Kelly-

He is a beautiful/handsome boy!(and I love the hat)

Congrats on the 6 month mark...You all look great!

BJB

Sarah B said...

Great stories with pictures! Looks like life is sailing along. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Too CUTE!!! Can't wait to see him tomorrow night :)
Love, Laura

mcjacobsjournal said...

He is such a cutie! I can't believe his blonde hair--and how old he is looking!! Have lots of fun. 6-8 months is one of my absolute FAVORITE ages (despite the cereal factor). :) One of these days we need to get our families together so we can introduce these babies!

Wade said...

Didn't anyone notice that Tate can already "palm" a basketball?

Sheesh! His first athletic achievement and all everyone is talking about is that girlie hat!

And yes, if your hat has a chin strap then it's girlie!

Boys don't need no stinkin' chin straps!

(Straps on football, hockey and cycling helmets are the exception, of course!)

Anonymous said...

He one cool little Dude, but where are the CAL sports balls he got for Christmas?? Go Bears!!!

Grandpa

Anonymous said...

These pictures were worth the wait. He is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute. Won't recognize him by August! Guess we'll have to replenish his Cal wardrobe by that time.

Love to all-
Barb

Pearson Family said...

LOVE your natural light picture on top! Can't wait to photograph this big boy!

Jody said...

All the pictures are adorable, but that last one takes the cake! Happy 6 months Tate!

Shannon said...

I just love the thumb! I think it's really sweet (braces can fix any overbite in the later years...don't worry!)

Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of days!

I agree with Paige...great first picture...you are a pro!

Jody said...

Kelly~
Oh my goodness! These pictures are amazing!!!! Your little man is priceless. You are doing such a great job! We can't wait to see you guys tonight. Love you tons.
Janell