Sunday, June 17, 2007

"I'm Going To Love Tickling You"

I knew Wade would be a great dad. In fact, I knew he would one day be the kind of dad that coached the little league team or went on the Boy Scout camping trip. But I figured all of his "dad greatness" would appear after a few years when Tate was older. I've been quite surprised, and also quite grateful, for how great of a dad he is already.

Today is a special day. Wade has wanted to be a dad the last few years just as bad as I have wanted to be a mom. Today is his day to celebrate and to be celebrated. Although Tate is still too young to communicate his feelings about his dad, I think this sweet video does it justice.

Watch out little Tate...as he says at the end of the video, your Daddy is "going to love tickling you!" Happy First Father's Day Wade!

8 comments:

Jody said...

Kelly~
What an amazing video! Your two boys are precious together. Happy first Father's Day Wade! We are sharing in your joy!
J and J

Keri said...

One of my favorite sounds is my babies laughing and no one can get them going like their daddy!! What a special time Kelly.

Shannon said...

Cute video! I love Tate's giggle. It's so sweet. Brad can always get Mallory to giggle (when she does it) more than me. Something about their dadddy...

Happy Father's Day Wade!

Wade said...

Hey Babe,

Thanks for letting me sleep in a bit, the breakfast, the picture, the giant Dallas Cowboy onesie (I can't wait to wear it!), and this video!

Love ya',

W

Anonymous said...

So sweet! What a great dad you are Wade! Tate's a lucky little boy
Love, Laura

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

that was such a sweet video! I love hearing tate's laugh...sweet times! thanks for sharing!

Laura Scott said...

For some reason my computer has no sound, but I watched the video and it was soooo cute to see Tate's expressions and how he looked at Wade. Too precious!

mcjacobsjournal said...

That is absolutely priceless. Happy first Father's Day, Wade. I had no doubt you'd be awesome at it. :) And, that laugh is contagious...I was giggling listening to him!