
So this is only about half a month late, but who’s counting? It has been a little crazy around here, but I think my tardiness in posting is really a subliminal act of denial that my little baby is 11 months old. Which means…he’s almost 1 year old! I just can’t believe it. Seriously, how has it gone so fast? Anyway, on to a recap of the last month.
Tate continues to bring us so much joy. That may sound like such a cliché, but it is true. If Wade and I are both home when Tate wakes up from a nap, we usually both jump pretty quickly to be the one to go get him. Most of the time, he wakes up so happy and has one of those smiles that lights up his entire face. I love it!

One of the biggest challenges this month is with food. As I said before, he has quickly come to the conclusion that he is now too big for baby food. I guess we’ve got an independent type on our hands, as he has decided he must feed himself all food. That is except for yogurt. He is still coo-coo crazy for his yogurt. But pretty much everything else must be something he can feed himself. That has put me in quite the bind considering I don’t like to cook, and it’s often a battle of wills as he changes what he likes just about every day. So we’re just learning as we go. His current favorite foods are peas, turkey dogs, cheese, bread, black beans, bananas, raisins, and good ol’ macaroni and cheese.
And of course, this past month was full of Halloween fun.


As far as his physical therapy, we are actually going to go to two sessions a week. The therapist said he’s showing some signs of improvement and is tolerating it, so we might as well tackle it head on. When I get bummed out about it, it's because I don’t want him to miss out on anything, and I know he can get really frustrated. At our Gymboree class each week, I have to work real hard at not comparing him to the other kids that are crawling and walking all over the place. But, he’s working so hard and every little improvement here and there makes me so proud!
Although he’s still not standing or crawling yet, the kid can still get around. He is a master roller, which usually lands him in some strange places.

He continues to amaze us with the sound level that can come from such a little person. If he is happy, you (and all of the neighbors) will know it. Some may think that loud, screeching noise bellowing out of his mouth is because he is upset. Nope. That means he’s happy. And he’s happy a lot, so we hear that a lot. Guess the origin of his name that means “he who talks too much” may be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Oh well, we still love it…ear plugs and all.
He has said Momma quite a few times now. Although, I’ve noticed the only times he really says it is when he is upset or tired. Not sure what to think about that. He seems to understand a little more, but he is still mainly speaking “Tateish.” It’s pretty hilarious when he picks up a book, puts it in front of his face, and starts jabbering away like he’s reading the book himself. We have yet to figure out the translation.
And finally, Tate has made it to his third state. We went for a weekend trip to visit our friends Bert, Paige, and Anna in Little Rock. It was gorgeous, and Tate handled the 5+ hour drive surprisingly well. Here we are at the Old Mill.

It’s so hard to believe he’s been with us for almost an entire year. Now, we can’t even imagine life without him.
Tate continues to bring us so much joy. That may sound like such a cliché, but it is true. If Wade and I are both home when Tate wakes up from a nap, we usually both jump pretty quickly to be the one to go get him. Most of the time, he wakes up so happy and has one of those smiles that lights up his entire face. I love it!

One of the biggest challenges this month is with food. As I said before, he has quickly come to the conclusion that he is now too big for baby food. I guess we’ve got an independent type on our hands, as he has decided he must feed himself all food. That is except for yogurt. He is still coo-coo crazy for his yogurt. But pretty much everything else must be something he can feed himself. That has put me in quite the bind considering I don’t like to cook, and it’s often a battle of wills as he changes what he likes just about every day. So we’re just learning as we go. His current favorite foods are peas, turkey dogs, cheese, bread, black beans, bananas, raisins, and good ol’ macaroni and cheese.
And of course, this past month was full of Halloween fun.


As far as his physical therapy, we are actually going to go to two sessions a week. The therapist said he’s showing some signs of improvement and is tolerating it, so we might as well tackle it head on. When I get bummed out about it, it's because I don’t want him to miss out on anything, and I know he can get really frustrated. At our Gymboree class each week, I have to work real hard at not comparing him to the other kids that are crawling and walking all over the place. But, he’s working so hard and every little improvement here and there makes me so proud!
Although he’s still not standing or crawling yet, the kid can still get around. He is a master roller, which usually lands him in some strange places.

He continues to amaze us with the sound level that can come from such a little person. If he is happy, you (and all of the neighbors) will know it. Some may think that loud, screeching noise bellowing out of his mouth is because he is upset. Nope. That means he’s happy. And he’s happy a lot, so we hear that a lot. Guess the origin of his name that means “he who talks too much” may be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Oh well, we still love it…ear plugs and all.
He has said Momma quite a few times now. Although, I’ve noticed the only times he really says it is when he is upset or tired. Not sure what to think about that. He seems to understand a little more, but he is still mainly speaking “Tateish.” It’s pretty hilarious when he picks up a book, puts it in front of his face, and starts jabbering away like he’s reading the book himself. We have yet to figure out the translation.
And finally, Tate has made it to his third state. We went for a weekend trip to visit our friends Bert, Paige, and Anna in Little Rock. It was gorgeous, and Tate handled the 5+ hour drive surprisingly well. Here we are at the Old Mill.

It’s so hard to believe he’s been with us for almost an entire year. Now, we can’t even imagine life without him.

10 comments:
Kelly~
I have waited with much anticipation! Not joking!!! I love the Halloween PJ picture. Oh my goodness... CUTE!!!!!!!!
We can't wait to see you guys again!
Hugs,
Janell
P.S. Therapy~ in my mind, it makes you GREAT parents that you are getting the assistance he needs to reach those milestones! YOU GUYS ROCK!! Let's just think of it as a content little Tate who isn't in any hurry!! Anyone who chooses to judge will have their own trials. You are an amazing mother, Kelly!
I love the pics you take each month of Tate with his blocks. I may have to "borrow" that idea for our nexy baby! Tate looks like such a happy little guy. Love the Halloween pics... what an adorable little lion! Sounds like he is really working hard during physical therapy. I pray that he'll be crawling & standing soon.
I can't believe our little boys will be celebrating the BIG ONE in just a few weeks!
I know it's so hard not to compare to other kids but believe me that they do things in their own time. I was worried sick because Hudson was very delayed in his physical movement. He didn't crawl until a week after his first birthday. I was going nuts, thinking he had all sorts of problems because I allowed myself to compare to my friends' kids. He didn't walk until 18 months old. Again, I was a wreck. During that time though, he began to talk like crazy- way more than my friends' kids. You see, kids will do it at different times, at different speeds. Just know that eventually they do all catch up to each other. I know it's hard to not worry (especially with your first) but he will get there.
Now, I'm paranoid about Cooper. He's been crawling and walking for a long time but doesn't say many words. I just keep reminding myself the exact same thing I just told you. He WILL get there in his own time. I can just keep working with him and loving him so that he will continue to grow and blossom every day!
Kelly you are such a great mom. The smile on Tate's face proves it!! :) He is adorable.
Tate is adorable and I can attest to the loudness:) Can't wait for the big party this weekend!!!!
wow - 11 months old! i guess we'll be seeing 1 year birthday pictures on here soon then, huh?!
like everyone else is saying - he'll reach all the milestones in his own time. someday, you'll wish it had all moved more slowly, so try not to worry too much. :)
- jamie
Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!
I just love your "months old" pictures. I just thought I should finally tell you that after all these months of enjoying them!
I love the Old Mill...it is one of my favorite places.
Speaking as a mom of a kid who had to do PT, one day you will look up and realize that Tate has finally caught up with his peers on the whole development scale.
Love those Halloween PJs!
Loved your post . . .sweet Tate is sure getting big. And your "Thanksgiving table" was GORGEOUS!! Shame it didn't get to see a bird on it - someday you'll be the one in charge for sure with a table like that!!
Post a Comment