
Confession time. I’ve been known to like boy bands. I was a NKOTB (New Kids on the Block for all of the non-fans) junkie and went to 3 concerts throughout the pre-teen years. Then into the early adult years, I was seen at 2 different ‘N Sync concerts (one of which even included sporting some body glitter!). And of course, now we have JT to enjoy. Love him!
So imagine my excitement to hear the newest New Kids’ album/CD/song on ITunes/whatever you’re supposed to call it these days. I recorded The View to see them perform. And the verdict...
Wow, I feel old. And wow, they’ve gotten old. The voices aren’t quite the same. And the dance moves just make me laugh. I’m sure this means my fan club membership from 1988 will be immediately cancelled, but I can’t help but wonder what happened.
Have I lost my youthful spirit? Have I just grown up? Or do boy bands only work with boys? The real question, though, is which one was your favorite? I was always a Donny girl. Now it’s your turn to spill the beans on your NKOTB crush…
So imagine my excitement to hear the newest New Kids’ album/CD/song on ITunes/whatever you’re supposed to call it these days. I recorded The View to see them perform. And the verdict...
Wow, I feel old. And wow, they’ve gotten old. The voices aren’t quite the same. And the dance moves just make me laugh. I’m sure this means my fan club membership from 1988 will be immediately cancelled, but I can’t help but wonder what happened.
Have I lost my youthful spirit? Have I just grown up? Or do boy bands only work with boys? The real question, though, is which one was your favorite? I was always a Donny girl. Now it’s your turn to spill the beans on your NKOTB crush…

10 comments:
You wore body glitter at a JT concert? Was Mary Tish with you?
Jordan was my fave for sure.
Jordan!
I'll tell you what happened! You finally developed musical appreciation!
Jon was my favorite!
I loved Donny too -- second fav was Jordan. I actually looked in my People magazine when their new album came out and it got a decent review, but said that most of their fans will be us girls that liked them back in the day.
I got my Hangin Tough cassette tape from a boy I really liked for my 13th birthday. Ahhh...the memories.
Went to sleep every night in the seventh grade on my Joey pillowcase....
I too watched The View with them on it and I was surprised that I still knew the words. And yes, they are getting old, but I guess we are too. I remember 8th grade wearing one of their t-shirts. And I liked Donny as well.
The first concert I ever went to was a NKOTB concert when I was in 8th grade! Donny was my fav!
I was a Jordon fan!!! Really a total NKOTB junkie....2 or 3 concerts. I totally missed them on the View. Thanks for the fun post and walk down memory lane!
We missed you tonight!
Joey. I was far too logical as a child and I figured since I was twelve and he was the youngest, I had the best shot at actual long term love. :)
Post a Comment