Monday, September 29, 2008

Let The Training Begin…Again

Since I have about zero self-discipline when it comes to regular exercise, my method of motivation is to participate in a process that costs money and may ultimately result in losing a toe nail. Sound like fun?

Actually, it is. I (along with my Dad, sister, brother-in-law, and several friends) will be doing the White Rock Half Marathon in December. I completed it last year as a very weak attempt to get into some kind of post-baby shape. Sadly, my training wasn’t as good as it should’ve been. But hey, I finished.

So this time around, I still plan to be one of “those” walkers (no running for this girl), but surely I can take the training a little more seriously and beat my time.

And yes, even with a Half Marathon, you lose toe nails. Gross, but I must speak the truth. I’ll spare the details of what happened after I completed a full marathon in 2004.

So let the training begin!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!
Laura M

Unknown said...

That's so great! My process of exercise is quite similar, and usually ends up with a wrapped foot and a bowl of ice cream. :)

Linda said...

I am so proud of you Kelly!!! Keep it up! I know you can do it! :o)

Jody said...

I am so proud of us girl!! We rock and you have inspired me!!

J

Contact Me for an appointment said...

Way to go! what a great goal and to accomplish it...I'M IMPRESSED!
Love ya, Stephanie

Lana said...

I am super impressed esp. since my 5K about wipped me. You will have to let me know how it goes. Charley is planning on doing the White Rock half also. I will be in the cheering squad.

amber dayton said...

I'm impressed! My feet took months to get back to normal after the 3 day... who knew that walking could do so much damage? Tom is planning on doing it also, so we be cheering for you!

Kendra said...

Toe nails? lost? seriously?? Never knew it. .obviously I'm not the running or even long distance walking type! You go girl!!