Friday, September 19, 2008

September 19

I remember an older couple telling me that even 30+ years after their miscarriage, they still remember the due date for that baby. This was the 3rd September 19 that has come around and caused pause. As I wrote last year, the sting is much less now, but the day still holds a special place in my heart.

I just recently had a memory of that experience that had been tucked away and forgotten. We were with Wade’s family at a restaurant for dinner a month after the miscarriage. I hadn’t seen my niece (who was 6 years old at the time) since she heard the news. As everyone was catching up and talking, Mary Tish looked over at me and sweetly said, “I’m sorry your baby died.” The tears flowed because that little sentence meant so much at the time.

If you have someone around you that goes through this experience, follow my niece’s example, and all you have to say is you’re sorry.

5 comments:

Audra Laney said...

My prayers are with you today. Mary Tish's words were from the heart. Very touching.

Keri said...

I don't remember the day I was due as much as the day I miscarried. October 18th is my day of pause. I share in your pain and grief. I am truly sorry.

Lisa said...

I am so sorry.

Contact Me for an appointment said...

Dear Friends, I too have walked this path...three times. Oh the Lord loves us and He has a plan (JER 29:11-14) Therefore, the pain it must have meaning. James 1:2-8 Consider it PURE JOY when you have trails...thinking of you, praying for you and holding you in my heart. I missed the actual day but I know it is not the only day you pause and remember. Thank God for TATE! HE IS A PRECIOUS BLESSING! Stephanie

Emiley said...

I am so sorry Kelly...

I had Tate in class last Sat and can I just say he is ADORABLE??? It helped that he only wanted me to hold him! :) God gave you and Wade such a good and perfect gift with that sweet boy.