Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween 2008

Happy Halloween!

We started off earlier in the week sporting the long-sleeved Halloween shirt with shorts, since the highs have been in the ‘80s around here. Every time he wore the shirt, he liked to point out the pumpkins.




And drum roll…the big costume reveal….


Grrrrrr! Yes, a lion for the 2nd year in a row. I thought it was too cute, and I just couldn’t pass up the on-sale and coupon combo at Target.

Today was a fun day to make some office visits. First we headed to Poppy’s office and got to raid the front desk candy jar.



Then we headed to Grandpa’s office and got to trick-or-treat through all of the offices.




We followed it up with a fun tradition we started last year…Grandpa takes us to lunch. We had to make sure there was room for the tail.



After a good nap and about two bites of dinner (it’s like he knew something good was coming), the fun began. Bring on the candy. We took a picture just like this last year as well. The biggest change this year is that he knows what good stuff it is.



We attempted trick-or-treating at a few houses on the street. I have a feeling next year might go a little more smoothly. He figured out how to say “trick-or-treat” and to tell everyone “hi,” but going up to doors at other people’s homes was a little scary.



Even so, we had lots of fun with the sweetest and cutest lion around.

11 comments:

Phillips Family said...

So cute! I am quite impressed that he sat still long enough for you to paint his face!

He is a sweet lion. Glad y'all had fun.

Hopefully we will have our little get-together soon!

Keri said...

I love your little lion. I see a tradition starting. I wonder how many years you could get away with it before he decides being a power ranger is more fun.

What a great day! :)

Shannon said...

Grrrr Tate! The costume looks even better in person!! Mallory was confused when she saw the pictures and I kept saying it was Tate. He's a cutie!!

Unknown said...

What a cute lion!

Linda said...

Soooo cute!!! I just looked at your card from last year and just smiled! He is the cutest lion I've seen! ;o) So glad you had fun--each year just gets better and better...

Laura and Mike said...

Definitely the cutest lion I've ever seen!

Lisa said...

What an adorable little lion! Looks like Tate had a fun Halloween!

Jody said...

He absolutely is the cutest lion I have ever seen!!!!
Love you guys!

Monica said...

Were there steriods in that candy?? Tate looks like he has grown a ton since I saw hime last!! : ) I got your e-mail today. I was out of town. I'll reply back by tomorrow. The mind fills a little numb tonight. : )
Love that little Lion!

Anonymous said...

Great pics of Tate! Cutiest lion I've seen in a long time! Kelli (Kari's sister) has THREE to find costumes for and this year Jaxon (6 yrs.) was "Indiana Jones" (he's had the hat for over a year and wears it everywhere!), Jordan (17 months) was a penguin, and baby girl Kamryn (3 months) was a pink butterfly!
Colorado is just TOO far away for this Mi-Mi though! UPS LOVES to see me coming with all the seasonal goodies, and clothes that I find and have to send!)
Kari's Maryn was Hannah Montana and Elizabeth was Minnie Mouse...of course we didn't see them in their costumes...but...you know all about that story...(by the way, things are getting worse instead of better...)

Just checking also...don't know if my voice mail message got through to you when you were back at ACU for homecoming...I thought of all of you that whole day, and SO wished Kari was there...she would have LOVED being with all her great friends...she LOVED those years at ACU...if there was some kind of program or anything about the 10 year reunion that I could save for Maryn and Elizabeth, I would appreciate it...if not, I'll just tell them about it, one day...when we can...we are still not to bring up Kari unless Maryn does...so heartbreaking that he chooses to try to erase her memory...
Would love to see you guys sometime again! We go this weekend back to Clovis, N.M. where we grew up and my dad preached for 17 years...they are having a celebration of the church being in Clovis for 100 Years! They are bringing back all the previous preachers and their wives and of course it's supposed to be a "homecoming" for past members and family. Since both my parents are in heaven now, they wanted my brother and me to come and "represent" them...so I've tried to put together a display board with old pictures and memorabilia...it's hard to think that they and Kari are no longer here, but Heaven is blessed with their presence and I know they are happy!

Tate is so precious and I'm so glad he is doing so well physically! I LOVE to check your blog (usually when I sit up front answering the phone at Prestoncrest during lunch hour) What a wonderful family you have! Wade is a great dad and you're a great mom and Tate is lucky to have youboth! What fun times you have!
I better get back to work...just wanted you to know that I think of you and Garyn often...so happy to see her precious baby girl on your blog! Tell her Ronnie and I said "Congratulations"

Hope to see you soon!
Jill (and Ronnie)

Lana said...

What a precious little lion:) Looks like yall had fun:)