Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Good Day

Today was a good day for two reasons...


First off, it's Veteran's Day. The older I get, the more I realize what an important story my grandfather has as a veteran of both World War II and the Korean War. I'm so glad that he has his war stories captured on a DVD from an interview several years ago. Honestly, marrying Wade has helped me learn even more about my grandfather's service. Wade is a complete history nut...especially WWII...so he helps me get my facts straight.


Here's the most recent picture we have with Grandpa back in July. Thanks to him and all of those that have sacrificed so much!




_________________________________________




And on another note, today was a good day because we got a wonderful report from the follow-up appointment with the pediatric neurologist. At the evaluation back in May, we were told that if things hadn't improved after six months, Tate would have to go through all of the not-so-fun tests like MRIs and CT scans. Thank goodness, none of that was even discussed today! We were all pretty sure that would be the response, but I can't tell you how great it felt to hear the words, "He's doing wonderfully. Keep up the great work. You can even cancel the next follow-up in a year if you don't have any concerns." Those words were music to my ears.

It's been a little over a year since all of this began with the hypotonia diagnosis. It's great to see a little light at the end of the tunnel and to know that all of his hard work is paying off!

14 comments:

Shannon said...

Woo hoo!! Way to go Tate and Tate's parents!! I know I take for granted how hard it is dragging your kid from one appointment to the next. I'm proud of you guys!!!

The Briele Home said...

I'm so happy to hear that Tate had a good report...make that a great report. I know that is a burden lifted off of your shoulders.

Lisa said...

What branch of the military did your grandfather serve in? That is so awesome that he was interviewed & his stories are captured on DVD. That is so special! My grandfather served in the Korean War, my father served in Vietnam, and my husband served in Iraq (twice!) All are Army.

Hooray! I am so happy for Tate & your family! What a relief for you all to know that he doing so wonderfully!

Laura and Mike said...

YAY! What a great day. I'm so happy for you and Tate!!

Contact Me for an appointment said...

PRAISE GOD! What a blessing. I know as mother the anguish you were carrying. Last year my littlest one was sick all year and she chronic ear infections and delayed in her speeck, had hearing loss and was just grouchy! We did lots of testing and finaly some surgeries anyway my heart my broke that I could not heal her, that she was in torment and I couldn't do anthing to fix it. What a wonderful feeling that you can see progess in the work you have done and you will never, never regret the energy you put into Tate's quality of life. We will continue to pray that he will only keep improving and that yall will be blessed over and over again! Take care...by the way I bet your Grandpa has neat stories to tell!

Contact Me for an appointment said...

Ok, I have to apologize for the typos...I was typing too fast...however I do think you can figure out what I was saying :)

Emiley said...

That is great news Kelly! What a relief to hear those words.

Monica said...

YEAH TATE!!!!! When your friend Annie gets well we will make sure to set some time aside to play and celebrate you! I am sure she will steal a toy from you and then you can chase her to show of your moves. : ) What wonderful news.
I will get in touch with you Kelly when Annie gets well. Right now she would not be a nice friend to bring her yuckyness around Tate.

Amy said...

wonderful!!! i'm so happy to hear that. i know you all have worked so hard. great job little tate!

Jennifer said...

That's so great! I'm glad you got good news!

Jody said...

Praise the sweet Lord above! I have tears in my eyes! Amen Sister!
Lots of love and hugs,
Us

We have been praying for this day for a while now! ; )

Wade said...

To answer your question, Lisa, Bill served in the Army, too!

Lana said...

That is so wonderful about Tate:)

Linda said...

I am so happy for you Kelly! I *know* how wonderful that feeling is. :o) Many many praises for an answered prayer!