This may go down as one of my all-time blond moments. You know that Half Marathon I mentioned awhile ago? The one that I've been training for. The one I've spent 3-4 days a week walking miles and miles at a time. The one that my Dad, sister, brother-in-law, and several friends are also doing. Well, somehow in the midst of all of my training, I forgot the tiny detail of actually registering for it. And as of last week, it's sold out!
So, I'm officially a moron. I admit it. I really feel like quite the fool and have no idea or excuse for how this happened. I've e-mailed the registration contact asking about the waiting list and am secretly hoping for lots and lots of people to chicken out or get hurt and not show up. (I really don't wish for anyone to get hurt, but maybe some kind of great news that causes them to bail!)
I guess I just keep training until then and hope for the best. If not, maybe I'll just walk alongside the route and have Wade award me my medal from last year at a makeshift finish line.
Let the ridicule begin.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
That sounds exactly like soemthing I would do!
I could have quite possibly done this my ownself.
How about doing the 1/2 marathon in Fort Worth in December? I am doing the 10K.
OH NO!!! Kelly I'm so sorry! Hey, at least you got all that great exercise in :)
Keep training and go to Austin and do the half there in Feb. It is lots of FUN!
You make me smile! No worries girl, there will be more halves. :o) I'm so proud of you! I don't think I could do it...
I'm still laughing about this!! And, I still want your ipod if you don't make it off the wait list:) How could you do this to me????!!!
This is so wild….our lives have been going around each other and we just officially met!!!! It was so good talking to you today and the more I see our lives have more in common that I knew. Sorry about the marathon....but this story so could have been me so easy. That is something I would have done...but I would not have figure it out till I got there to run!!!
Oh noooooo. This just could have been me. I am sorry, this must really be frustrating! But hey, the difference between is: YOU have actually trained for this. I never make it out of the door when I think of running... so for me you earn a medal for the training! And another medal for training AND being a mom. And not using the second as excuse for skipping the first. Yeah for Kelly :-)
This same thing happened to my sister last year and she was devastated. We we're both planning on running it together, but they capped registration. I think last year was the first year they started doing that. She ended up training more and was more ready for the Cow Town. I'm assuming this is for the White Rock. It's a long shot, but sometimes there are people at the expo trying to get refunds. If you find one of those people you can maybe talk them into letting you pay them for they're bib and race chip. Either way keep pounding that pavement. They're plenty of halves to do.
Post a Comment