The day started with Tate's first viewing of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Selfishly, I was so excited that he enjoyed watching it. Even as a grown adult, I still love it and hope that he'll humor me in watching it for several more years.

Then we went hunting.
Just kidding. :) That is a picture from our Thanksgiving Day at the Zoo. You know this bird was sure glad to be there instead of on your dinner table. For the locals, Thanksgiving Day is the day to go to the zoo. We practically had the entire place to ourselves. So Tate got to do a lot of running around.

Morgan and Mallory got up close and personal with a dragon.
And here's the Thanksgiving Miracle. A picture where ALL 3 kids are looking at the camera. We couldn't believe it!

There was actually even more entertainment at the zoo involving my husband and a harassing squirrel. If you haven't already, you can see that here.
Then off to Mom & Dad's for our traditional Thanksgiving dinner along with our family friends, the Barbarenas. I didn't realize it until I was much older, but we're a little strange and have Thanksgiving dinner as a dinner (instead of lunch) and eat around 7:00 p.m. I may never have to actually cook a turkey myself, because my Mom loves to do it. By all means, go for it. We all agreed that this year's turkey was one of the yummiest yet.

And the best way to work off the calories of that big dinner...dance with Mimi! My Mom has truly gotten her money out of this oh-so-annoying-singing-and-dancing Easter bunny. The kids LOVE it and could play it and dance with Mimi for hours.

And what holiday is complete without Aunt Kelly bringing out some kind of festive accessory to make everyone wear?

There was actually even more entertainment at the zoo involving my husband and a harassing squirrel. If you haven't already, you can see that here.
Then off to Mom & Dad's for our traditional Thanksgiving dinner along with our family friends, the Barbarenas. I didn't realize it until I was much older, but we're a little strange and have Thanksgiving dinner as a dinner (instead of lunch) and eat around 7:00 p.m. I may never have to actually cook a turkey myself, because my Mom loves to do it. By all means, go for it. We all agreed that this year's turkey was one of the yummiest yet.

And the best way to work off the calories of that big dinner...dance with Mimi! My Mom has truly gotten her money out of this oh-so-annoying-singing-and-dancing Easter bunny. The kids LOVE it and could play it and dance with Mimi for hours.

And what holiday is complete without Aunt Kelly bringing out some kind of festive accessory to make everyone wear?





1 comment:
I think it's hilarious that you put the picture of you wearing the turkey headress (you bought for the kids to wear!) on your blog! Those kind of pictures are supposed to go on my blog...without your permission:)
We had a blast with you guys! By far, one of the funnest and busiest Thanksgivings yet!
Post a Comment