Monday, March 16, 2009

33…Really?

I don’t get upset about getting older, I just get surprised. How is it possible that I’m 33? That one rounds up to 35, which rounds up to 40! Crazy! And I wonder if I should change the name of the blog? I started the blog three years ago (pre-Tate), as my little place for randomness, self-reflection as I neared the big 3-0. I guess the name still fits somewhat, since I cant’ believe I’m in my 30’s.

My birthday was great. Complete with an ice cream cake (yum!), dinner with my in-laws, breakfast with my parents, a pedicure, lunch with great friends, an afternoon with Wade (thanks again M & D!), and a delish dinner together. Good thing I got the Wii Fit as a birthday present, because I’m sure I gained 33 lbs. with all of the celebratory meals.

I’m grateful for another year of a healthy, full life surrounded by more blessings than I can count. I eagerly look forward to everything this next year will bring...even if it does get me closer to the mid-30s!!!!

10 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy, happy birthday!! We wish we could have been in town to celebrate with you. Just get ready to gain another 33 pounds when we come in April:)

Audra Laney said...

Sounds like you had a fulfilling birthday! Here's to another year!

Natalie said...

I know about the celebrations...why did my birthday have to be right before my gestational diabetes test this week? I've eaten more sweets in the past 2 weeks than in the past 2 months...do you think my doc will accept that as an excuse?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Lisa said...

Happy belated birthday to a fellow bicentennial baby! Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Oh, & lets not round up to 35!!!

Phillips Family said...

Happy birthday...sounds like you had a great day!

Lana said...

Happy Birthday Kelly. Sounds like you had fun! I turn 34 this summer and I am feeling like I might as well be 40:)

Kristen OQ said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday with lots of celebrations.

amber dayton said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! I've enjoyed getting to know you this past year. Blessings!

Contact Me for an appointment said...

So glad you had a wonderful day! Birthdays are for celebrating the life GOd has given us! Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday (I am SO behind with blogging and commenting). I can hardly believe that I will turn 30 this year, so I am about to join you :-)