Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Rebuttal

So did anyone else read Wade’s recent blog post? I believe my idea to avoid buying a new dress was pretty genius. Wear the existing black dress I already had…then buy new shoes and a small little purse to dress it up and make it feel new.

And look…they were even cute shoes!


He brought our little discussion out to the battle of the blogs, so I figure I should make sure a rebuttal is fully heard. Now, I won’t even go down the road of explaining that I wasn’t asking him if the shoes matched the dress, but rather if the peep-toe heels coordinated well with the cocktail attire dress. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

But I think my logic is pretty smart in the way of avoiding having to buy a new dress, as much as I’m sure I would’ve enjoyed that.

Anyone else with me?

And in case you were wondering, the shoes were so much fun to wear. Despite the enormous blister. I’m sure that is from my feet going into shock that they were in a shoe that was elevated off the ground more than my assortment of flats I wear just about everyday.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Even with just reading Wade's version, I was with you. Made complete sense to me.

Natalie said...

I stick with you on fashion and Wade on flying. And those are cute shoes! :)

Amy said...

you go girl.

Contact Me for an appointment said...

I love it! The shoes are darling! Yes- if you bought the dress you would have had to buy new shoes and a new purse to go with that. At least now you got shoes and a purse that can go with more than one outfit! I totally get it! MEN! :) Ha!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, they are cute shoes. And I bet it was not easy to walk in them, but who cares when they are beautiful?

And the rest of the answer to your post is at my blog :-)

Have a good new week!

Mariah said...

I won't take a side, but I LOVE that you two have battling blogs. Way too cute!

Audra Laney said...

Your logic totally makes sense. How can men not understand that? Um, those shoes--LOVE THEM. If Wade says you must get rid of them, just FedEx them my way!