Life has been full-speed ahead lately, which has not left much time for blogging. Hopefully I’ll be caught up someday. But first, I had to post about something that I didn’t want to forget.
Wade & I attended the funeral of a dear friend’s mother, who died way too suddenly and way too early. Even though I knew her children, but had never met her, I walked away from the service with an unbelievable amount of respect for her.
When people spoke about her, it wasn’t about her worldly success, amazing career, talents, or even skills. It was about her strong faith and the way she showed love.
Her children clearly knew about the love she had for them. But what was even more impressive was how aware they were of the love she and her husband shared for each other.
Even after 30+ years of marriage, they still left love notes for each other. She had even written one to him on the morning of her sudden death. Her children spoke about how they were confident in the dedication and unconditional love between their parents even through good times and bad.
I haven’t been to too many funerals in my life, but this is one that will be forever in my memory. What a legacy to leave for her children and what a lesson for all of us to learn from.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment