What a difference half a year makes. I looked back over the post from when he turned 2, and I can tell such a difference. He is still uniquely Tate with his strong-willed, loud, usually-friendly, energetic personality. But he is also so much more of a kid.
(At Mallory's gymnastics birthday party. He looooved the rings. Can you say sweat?)We have dialogue now. I still have to translate some of the things he says, but most people can understand him. He speaks in pretty full sentences and is able to communicate most of what he needs to. It’s so simple, but also so amazing to see develop. He says the ABC’s, counts from 1-20, and knows most of his shapes and colors.


After about 1 ½ years, we stopped going to the Gymboree classes in May. It was a great experience for us both, and Tate loved going. But he had come to the point where he most enjoyed flinging himself across the floor mat. Do I really need to pay for that? (For ages 9-24 months, it is so great, though.)

He is still all boy in the fact that if it involves a car or a ball, he’s all over it. He’s bordering on obsessed with golf, but also loves to play soccer whenever possible. He still enjoys watching sports with Daddy in the mornings on SportsCenter. (It’s all laughable since I’m the furthest thing from the sporty type.)



He has become much more patient with his trains and can play forever with them. Even just a few months ago, he would get really frustrated with them and wasn’t able to link the pieces back together. That has improved, and it makes us all happier.
The past few months have been trying for all of us as we have been tryng to figure out the discipline stuff. Hello tantrums! It’s so interesting to see what does and doesn’t motivate him to behave. Another reminder that we are all created so uniquely. :)
We’re in the process of finishing up his big boy room complete with big boy bed…crazy! And we read the Potty Book often and have purchased the Elmo Potty DVD. Slowly warming up to the idea over here. In no hurry, though.
We’re in the process of finishing up his big boy room complete with big boy bed…crazy! And we read the Potty Book often and have purchased the Elmo Potty DVD. Slowly warming up to the idea over here. In no hurry, though.




7 comments:
Does the Elmo Potty DVD disturb you...because I find it to be a bit disturbing. My kids love it though. I just hate getting songs stuck in my head that have to do with bathroom issues. By the way, I have seen the Elmo Potty coloring book at WalMart and Target lately.
Happy 2.5 years to sweet Tate! He is getting so big..and developing such a fashion sense!
I can't believe Tate is already 2.5! He IS getting to be a big boy! Love the picture with the glasses on his nose!
What a precious little man!
Sweet Tate! He was hilarious last night. We missed you!
He is sooo cute Kelly!! Love all the pictures ! And it really seems that each year and those 1/2 way marks just go faster and faster!!!
growing growing and growing everyday he becomes more and more beautiful what about a second one?
Love the update!
Our boys are getting soooo big!!!
Post a Comment