That probably doesn’t mean a whole lot considering my vast concert experience (see here). Although, Celine really is amazing live! Anyway, as it got closer and I was mentally adding up all of the costs for this night out in my head, I started to wonder if it would be worth it. Thank goodness Mr. Bono and the boys did not disappoint.
I thought Bono sounded just as great live. And I’m blown away by his stage presence. If I have half his energy when I’m his age, I’ll be thrilled. The only part of the show that I didn’t care for was the spaceship alien video (weird?) and the drop-down-neon-light microphone with the lights on his jacket. It didn’t sound as good and was way too distracting. But everything else was even better than I could have hoped for.
The place was crazy crowded. I’ve heard it was from 80,000-90,000people there. The people-watching was at its best. The majority of the crowd was just around my age if not a few years older. Me and my 12-week pregnant self just sat with my bottled water and watched the hilarity of a bunch of 30 & 40-somethings, mixed in with lots of drinks, mixed in with really high heels, mixed in with uber-coolness. Oh, that was entertaining all on its own.
And then to watch each person and their personal concert-style moves. My favorite was the guy with the Arsenio Hall arm thrust/lasso-a-rope combo move. Loved it. I’m sure someone else is writing a blog somewhere about me and my head bob/hip twitch, but isn’t it just funny to watch people get into the music?
So even as I crawled in bed at 2:00 a.m. and was still tallying how much everything cost, I don’t regret it at all. In fact, I can’t wait until they come back again.


3 comments:
They were great! This was my 5th U2 concert an I loved it. It was my 2nd favorite... my first favorite was the first one I went to in high school. Probably b/c it was the first one! From your picture view, it looks like we were on opposite sides of the stadium.
The monkey/spaceship thing was weird. It had a freaky voice too, which I did not enjoy.
I was thinking the same thing about Bono and his energy and stage presence. He really is amazing.
And I can't believe you are already 12 weeks pregnant! Man this pregnancy is flying by for me, how about you? ;)
Congrats on baby # 2! How exciting. I have a blog on here too if you ever care to check up on our family. tntcapeupdate.blogspot.com
We enjoyed the U2 adventure with you guys! Your pictures are def better than ours. Glad you both enjoyed it!! It was a fun night.
Post a Comment