Friday, April 17, 2009

Concerts

It was serendipitous! Right at the time I was trying to wrap my brain around the fact that U2 concert tickets were crazy expensive, I discovered a random savings of $35/month with our phone company. It was like Bono himself was singing through the phone line It's A Beautiful Day!

So in honor of our concert ticket purchase, I was trying to remember other concerts I’ve been to. I have to admit that it’s not that impressive (and a tad embarrassing in parts), especially considering I was raised by a man who sees every band possible in concert…still!

Here goes…in chronological order:

Neil Diamond
Michael Jackson
Billy Joel
New Kids on the Block
Tiffany & New Kids on the Block
New Kids on the Block (yes, 3 times)
Dixie Chicks (pre-Natalie)
Hootie & The Blowfish
Collin Raye
Jars of Clay
Parachute Express
Don Henley
‘N Sync
Dixie Chicks
Celine Dion
‘N Sync
Celine Dion

And on October 12, the one and only…

U2

7 comments:

Wade said...

It's my goal in life to look as good in skull caps as The Edge does!

Jody said...

I could go on and on about the concerts you have been too, but then I would have to back it up with my list and I would get harassed! ; )

We loved the picture we got in the mail. Remind me to tell you what Addison says about it EVERY morning at breakfast when she looks at it.

The flowers look great by the way!
You are the blogging queen this week. You go girl.

We can't wait to see you guys.

Love,
J

Pearson Family said...

Does the Dixie Chicks count when they came to ACU back in the day? Are you counting that one?

Phillips Family said...

The dixie chicks came to ACU??? How did I miss this?

We will see you at U2!

Kelly said...

Yes, I counted the (pre-Natalie) Dixie Chicks. I'm pretty sure it was my freshman year at ACU during Welcome Week, maybe? I don't remember it being very good. But then I saw them several years later at AACenter with Natalie as the lead. Much better!

Shannon said...

I still can't believe you've seen NSYNC and Celine so many times!! You should have put your age of your first concert:)

Your flowers look beautiful!!

Laura and Mike said...

AUGH! You will LOVE LOVE LOVE U2----best concert EVER!