What a fun Christmas this year. It was Will's 1st Christmas, and I can tell that each year for Tate it gets even more and more fun. He loved it.
One thing I hadn't thought about was that this is the first year Tate could come downstairs on his own. (Yes, he was locked inside his own room last year...don't judge.) So I was bummed to miss seeing him come downstairs to discover what Santa had left. He actually stayed in his room like he's supposed to until 7:00 (normal morning rule) and then bounded into our room yelling, "Come look at the giant sock!"
Our stockings have been hung along the stairs, and I guess we hadn't talked about them much. He was quite amazed at the giant "sock" that was now in front of the tree and full of goodies. Pretty funny.
So the fun began, and he got to open (Wade has always been adamant about keeping his family tradition of wrapping stocking presents...very odd to me) the things inside his stocking.
Before we had kids, Wade started a fun tradition with our older niece and nephew. We would make cookies and bring them to the fire station for the guys that have to work on Christmas. Tate was excited to help this year.

No comments:
Post a Comment