Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve

Wade had the day off on Christmas Eve, but I can't really remember what we did during the day. Oh wait. Now I remember going out in the pouring rain. As in downpour. Calling two Academy stores to make sure they had what I was looking for. Driving in the rain. Having to park at the very back of the parking lot. Realizing I didn't have the stroller. Hauling Will in his carrier (totaling at least 25+ lbs.). Trying to hold an umbrella. All because I realized my husband didn't have a Texas Rangers shirt, and Santa should really deliver on that. True love, folks. True love. :)

By that evening, the rain cleared and we had our annual Christmas Eve get together with the Strzineks. This year was at Ford & Tisha's house. A picture of the cousins.

Trip & Mary Tish read Tate The Night Before Christmas. Pretty cute.
We headed home and got two sleepy boys to bed. Finished a little more wrapping and then pictures of the tree. As a kid, I always like to see the pictures my Dad took of the tree at night after the presents were under it.

I am posting this picture, although it causes some slight angst. Next year, I will remember to finish out the photo wall before the centerpiece of the holiday is right by it to be photographed. It seriously bugs me to see those empty and missing frames. But hey, it is what it is. And no matter, I still love the twinkly lights of a Christmas tree at night.
Now Wade thinks this is the strangest thing. But I also love to take close-up pictures of ornaments. I think they look so pretty this way. And our main Christmas (/anniversary/Valentine's/etc.) present was a new camera. I took about 50 different ornament pictures trying out different settings. Don't worry, these are just a few.




And off to bed right around midnight.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

I love this post...and I love your ornament pics, but I REALLY love seeing YOU in the last one - reflection of you and your new camera anyway! hehe! Too cute.

Shannon said...

Sister, no one would know your photo wall isn't complete...except that you pointed it out!

I thought it was funny to see you in the ornament refelection, too. See, you are in pictures! :)