We had a great Easter this year. In fact, it was quite a full day of celebrating, which included our 12th wedding anniversary and my sister's birthday. (Yes I got married on her birthday...horrible sister, I know.) :)
But most of our day was about Easter. I loved the fact that this year more than ever, I could really sense that the dots were connecting for Tate on what Easter is all about. Or at least as much as a 4-year-old can understand. Tate loved going through the Resurrection Eggs. He asked to see the "special eggs" almost every day. And here's a little video (don't ever want to forget this age, the voice, the face, etc.) of something he learned at preschool Chapel:
Unknowingly, we started a tradition with Tate last year on Easter. I had him close his eyes and then open for his Easter basket. (Just realizing, I think you're supposed to actually hide that...woops.) Anyway, he thinks that is super fun to do. So we did it again with this year's Easter basket. What you can't see is Tate giggling like crazy with excitement while his eyes are covered.
Then we headed off to a wonderful Easter service at church followed by a big family lunch at the Strzinek's house. My mother-in-law has an amazing green thumb. Amazing. So her beautiful garden is the perfect spot for an Easter egg hunt.


No comments:
Post a Comment