I can't believe it. At 35 years old, I have a new hobby. And to make it even more surprising...it's a sport! Yes it makes me laugh, too.
I have never been one described as athletic. Never even really competed in many sports as a kid. In my adult life, I finished a marathon and a half-marathon. But I did those purely for the commitment of training. Once it was done, I was done with it.
So I'm quite shocked with myself that I have found a sport I enjoy...tennis. It started last summer when in a conversation with 3 other girls my age about how we all wanted to learn how to play. So we eventually found an instructor. And voila. I now go to tennis lessons once a week. And I love it.
I know I've still got a LOT to learn, but it's so surprising (and fun) that throughout the week, I'm plotting in my head when the next opportunity for tennis could be. I'm only two months into it, so I hope my enthusiasm continues.
Who knew Year 35 would be my year for a sport??!!
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am LOVING it too...it has been a blast! In celebration of our two month mark, we should go buy another skirt! ;)
That's great! And it helps with the idea of more exercise (that unfortunately we seem to need more of as we..age.) I can't ever see myself falling in love with a sport - but I guess I should never say never!
Post a Comment