We decided to go ahead and start big.
Why not make his first-ever roller coaster experience be in the front car of a double looper?
They both did great. Tate was a little uneasy after the first time. Although he was very safely constrained with a seatbelt and lap bar, his head went straight down during the loops. And with the force, he could barely bring it back up. Woops...didn't think about that. So we tried it again, and I held his head up. That did the trick, and we ended up riding the Shock Wave five times! And by the fifth time, Tate said he kept his eyes open the whole ride. :)
Both of the kids thought it was really funny to pick their aunt instead of their mommy to ride with. :)
About midday, it was getting pretty hot. Shannon is not a fan of water rides (although she will go on the ginormous Titan...crazy girl), so I said I would take them on the Aquaman ride (big water boat goes down the big hill). I've been on it at other places and don't remember getting that wet.
The before...
Be warned. You get VERY wet on this one. And even wetter if you stand on the bridge watching the boat come down. Even if you cautiously stand on the edge of the bridge. You will get soaked.
The after...
We were seriously so proud (and shocked) by how well both kids did. The whining was minimal and attitudes were great. I bet we rode at least 75% of the rides...28 was our count. There were only a handful of the really big ones that the kids weren't tall enough to go on.
We were all there to have fun and definitely got our monies worth. Can't wait to go back!












No comments:
Post a Comment