I'm so behind on this blog, and there have been so many fun things to blog about. One of those was a certain someone turning 2. I can not believe he is 2! I need to do another post all about what Will is like at 2. He keeps us on our toes, for sure.
We celebrated his birthday a couple days early with a small, low-stress, morning party up at our church's indoor playscape. Will LOVES this place, so it was the perfect spot for his celebration. Usually when we're here, he is one of the youngest and has to dodge a ton of big kids, plus we don't really let him run free since they're usually preschool or Sunday School classes going on. So Will was in heaven on his party day, when it was mainly kids his size and free reign to RUN.
I am typically not one that gets into characters for my kids. But for his 2nd birthday, there was no way around it. He is coo-coo crazy for Elmo and all things Sesame Street. It was a no-brainer.
The biggest hit of the party was the life-size (for a toddler) Elmo balloon. I found him a tad on the creepy side, but the kiddos loved him. Everyone was waiting for their turn to play with, love on, or even throw Elmo.
Everyone! :)
The rest of the party was just more running around, sliding, and playing in the game room.
Since the party was in the morning, we sang Happy Birthday to Will and blew out candles on a cinnamon swirl cake.
We attempted a family picture. But the need to run was just too great. One day...sigh...
I'm sure this won't happen every year for his birthday party, but since this kiddo has got a playroom FULL of books and toys (thank you big brother!) and the fact that he will not sit down to open presents (seriously...it doesn't happen), we suggested an alternative to presents. If his friends wanted to honor Will turning 2 they could bring a new book that would be donated to a local home for abused children. Thank you, friends!
It was the perfect morning to celebrate our Will turning 2 with several of his sweet and adorable little friends!


No comments:
Post a Comment