Sounds a little dramatic, but today did indeed mark the end of an era for Tate. And for our family, really.
He finished his 3rd and final year of preschool today. So as the firstborn finishing this stage, that means we will soon be entering the world of a school calendar. For the next 18+ years...wow. Will is going to start at the same school in the fall, so we're not done with preschool altogether. But it is still surreal to think that that stage for Tate is over...forever. So thankful what a wonderful time it was!
And for my own nostalgia, here is the link to his first day in September 2011 plus his first day from 2009 and 2010. I can not believe how little he was just a blink ago.
He has had a great year as a Giraffe. He had two wonderfully talented teachers, Ms. Amy & Ms. Paige, who have loved him through the hard and the great days (or the green, yellow, and red days). :) He has learned so much (writing, sight words, math, wonderful Discovery science lessons, Spanish, and on, and on). I can't say enough how thankful I am for all that they did this year. He has made some sweet friends, who he loves. And he has had a whole lot of fun.
He has had a great year as a Giraffe. He had two wonderfully talented teachers, Ms. Amy & Ms. Paige, who have loved him through the hard and the great days (or the green, yellow, and red days). :) He has learned so much (writing, sight words, math, wonderful Discovery science lessons, Spanish, and on, and on). I can't say enough how thankful I am for all that they did this year. He has made some sweet friends, who he loves. And he has had a whole lot of fun.
Last day fun & games...
Last week was the end-of-year program and preschool graduation. The whole class did a great job with their song. And as true to form with most things, Tate was way into it. He had been practicing a lot, so the words and motions were good to go. Now sitting quietly waiting for his name to be called for graduation was a different story. :) They asked Tate what his favorite part of preschool was = Pirate Day. And they asked what he wanted to be when he grew up = snowmobile racer.
All of the boys in Tate's class this year were so sweet. He was always so excited to see them each day and made some special friendships.
And his Chapel teachers, Ms. Alyssa & Ms. Jennifer, put on the program each year. They have done an incredible job this year in Chapel teaching the kids about the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, kindness, faith, and self-control. Tate has mastered several of the memory verses and really taken to heart what it means to be someone who displays those traits. Now it doesn't always happen as it should, but I'm thankful for those seeds being planted so early. And let's be honest, those were wonderful lessons for all of us to be reminded of as well.
And both Jennifer & Alyssa have the unique ability of building up a kid with words of affirmation about their strengths while being able to still encourage them to work hard on the areas that are more challenging. That is a gift...and I'm so thankful to them both.
As hard as I tried, I just couldn't hold in the emotion (surprise, surprise). I'm absolutely thrilled for Tate and know that Kindergarten is going to be great. I just can't believe that he is done with preschool forever. This sweet season of life with young kids will soon be changing. It's not over, but it will always be different. My tears today have been tears of excitement and nervousness for him and all that goes along with Kindergarten. And tears today have been of gratitude for all of the people that have invested into Tate over the last 3 years.
So long Preschool...hello Kindergarten!

3 comments:
Great post, Kelly, and wonderful pictures of Tate! So glad he's had this good experience. I think it can make the transition to Kinder a lot easier - of course, it will have it's own set of compare/contrasts with public school :)
Beautiful ly written Kelly! We will miss Tate so much. I love how his mind is always full of questions about Jesus. God is going to do such amazing things in his life. I am praying that God continues to put teachers in his life that will point him to Jesus. They are there...even in public education!!! We were lucky enough to have several in my boys education. Tate is so passionate about Jesus....I am just so excited to see how God uses him to not only change the world, but his Kindergarten teachers and class! Love you Tate!!!
Oh I love that Tate! His heart and his passion are true gifts..and I love that you see those things in him :) I know these next few months will be really emotional...but just know we are all there crying and rejoicing with you. Love my Strz friends.....
Post a Comment