A big change in the Strzinek household involved hair...or the cutting of hair. Wade had been threatening to shave his head for years. He finally did it. I was more nervous than he was. But I have to say, I got used to really quick and like it a lot.
And our new family members were about 25 ants. Tate received the ant farm for Christmas and finally got the ants in the mail, since they can't be shipped during the Winter. Tate was funny. He is not scared of much (or says at least), but the ants in the package freaked him out. He was practically hiding on the other side of the house when Wade put them in their new home. But after that, he was cool. And I'm sure I wasted a lot of time just staring at these things. They are in non-stop motion.
RIP "Bob the Ant" and other Unnamed Ants:
March 2013 - May 2013
And March proved to fit perfectly with the predictably unpredictable Spring in Texas. One day was gorgeous, sunny. The next was freezing. Both boys LOVE being outside and could be out there just about all day if they had any say over it.
Double fisting it on the slide...talent.
Something I love about Tate is that whatever he is into, he is WAY into it. So in February and March, he was WAY into learning about the presidents, specifically Abraham Lincoln. I'm not sure what it is about him, but Tate has been pretty fascinated ever since. His teacher caught on to his enthusiasm and had him do a special project on good 'ol Abe. We actually all learned a lot about the guy in the process. One sunny day Wade took the boys to the park, and Tate was more interested in reading his Abraham Lincoln book from the library. Made his history-buff Dad pretty happy.
Sometimes it's more fun to watch TV with a little different perspective. :)During one of the absolutely coldest days in March (wind chill in the teens), Tate and I went with my Dad to watch a collegiate tennis match. TCU vs. CAL. We rarely get a chance to cheer on CAL in Texas, so we were the obnoxious Away team supporters. It was lots of fun to watch, even if our faces were practically numb.
Go Bears!
This kid LOVES his chips & salsa. :)
Love these little unprompted brotherly love moments. :)
And this is the reaction to the "Dream Weaver" Ken & Barbie scene in Toy Story. Every time.















No comments:
Post a Comment