Sunday, June 02, 2013

The Bitter & The Sweet ~ Passover Seder

A weird thing about growing older is I find myself savoring and enjoying tradition even more. As a person of faith, the Passover meal is one of the most sacred of traditions. I was able to experience my first Passover Seder a few years ago and loved every minute of it.

So as we approached this Easter season, I was in a conversation with our church's Campus Minister about hosting a Seder for our Small Group. A few more people became interested. A few more conversations, emails, calls, and before I knew it, we were setting up a Seder for over 200 people at our Southlake campus.
Although it was a little hectic and I chopped apples for charoset like a crazy woman, I absolutely loved sharing this tradition with so many.
It was a wonderful evening for families. It was a wonderful evening for both the old and the young to remember the beautiful story of redemption we celebrate.
After the bitter, comes the sweet.
"Give thanks unto The Eternal, for He is good, 
for His mercy endureth for ever. 
Let Israel now say, 
that His mercy endureth for ever. 
Let the House of Aaron now say, 
that His mercy endureth for ever. 
Let all those who fear The Eternal now say, 
that His mercy endureth for ever."

No comments: