Thursday, June 13, 2013

Will's Party

Will's party can be summed up as a crazy love fest. It was total crazy, chaos. But at the same time, Will was surrounded by people who love him. A perfect way to celebrate your 3rd birthday. :)
The Forest Park Train in Fort Worth is definitely Will's happy place. So that was the perfect place to celebrate. I knew going into it that birthday parties here can be tricky. Their business model is not the most cutting edge. No party packages, no reservations, no place for a party. So combine that with 40+ people and what ended up being the first absolutely gorgeous Spring day...you get complete chaos.
And just for my own memory's sake: I thought I had allowed plenty of time to get set up, but every errand I ran on the way there took double the time I had planned. I finally got there and am pretty sure the entire population of Fort Worth decided to come to the park or ride the train. It was packed. Couldn't find a parking spot anywhere. Once I found one WAY far away from the only picnic table unoccupied, I was a hot, sweaty mess. In fact a homeless guy was peeking into my car while I unloaded and asked for some ice. Sorry man, I sure wish I had some too.
So with guests arriving in less than 10 minutes, I was lucky to get everything on the table. In my mind the table would've been decorated adorable. Actuality, things were dumped. The goody bags would've been organized by the kids ages with cute personalized tags. Not even sure what ended up in each bag. There would've been organized games, activities for all the kids. I basically ended up opening the bag and saying Have Fun!  Oh and the guests wouldn't have had to get back in their cars and drive back over to the other train depot. It was not quite what I envisioned in my head. But the good lesson in it all...Will had the time of his life. He had no idea all the things that should've been.
He just knew that so many of our wonderful family & friends were there to celebrate him!
We practiced and practiced singing Happy Birthday before, so he knew what that meant when it was time. He seemed to love everyone singing for him. :)
And of course, he LOVED eating the cupcakes. Cake may possibly be one of his love languages.
And look at all of the books our friends brought to honor Will and to be donated to a local organization that helps abused and neglected kids. 
This is the perfect "Will is having fun" kind of picture complete with hair flying from running. :)
And then even more fun when it was time to ride the train. Everyone grabbed their popcorn and tickets and headed to the depot to hop on the train. Shannon & I stayed back for the first half to clean up. Fun sister selfie.
 Popcorn holds a close second place to cake. :)
When I look back through the pictures, I don't see the should've beens anymore. I see the fun.

And I see so many people who are Will's biggest cheerleaders and love him and our family while having a crazy, chaotic good time. That beats personalized nametags any day. Thank you to everyone for making the day perfect celebrating our Sweet Will!

No comments: