Don't you love the big bangs, blue eye shadow, and turquoise Units outfit? :) Scary!
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE.
2. You watched the Pound Puppies.
3. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton
4. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy.
5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.
6. You owned those lil' Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls.
7. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom
8. Two words: Hammer Pants
9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock"
10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars... and spokey-dokes or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect
11. You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales" (Woo ooh!)
12. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
14. You saw the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the big screen..and still know the turtles names.
15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
16. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
17. You played the game "MASH"(Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)
18. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
19. L.A. Gear....need I say more?
20. You wanted to change your name to "JEM" in Kindergarten. (She's Truly Outrageous.)
21. You remember reading Tales of a fourth grade nothing and all The Ramona books.
22. You know the profound meaning of " WAX ON , WAX OFF"
23. You wanted to be a Goonie.
24. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us...head-to-toe)
25. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
26. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
27. You took lunch boxes to school... and traded Garbage Pailkids in the schoolyard.
28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
29. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
30. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.
31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band.
32. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up.
33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
34. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes.
35. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?"
36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"
37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
38. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.
39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.
41. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.
42. You remember Popples.
43. Don't worry, be happy
44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
45. You wore socks scrunched down.
46. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
47. You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
48. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!!"
49 You remember watching Rainbow Bright and & My Little Pony Tales
50. You thought Doogie Howser/ Sam antha Micelli was hot.
51. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
52. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...and don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB"
53. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell," The ORIGINAL class.
54. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
55. You just sang those words to yourself.
56. You remember watching Magic vs. Bird.
57. Homemade Levi shorts.. (the shorter the better)
58. You remember when mullets were cool!
59. You had a mullet!
60. You still sing "We are the World"
61. You tight rolled your jeans.
62. You owned a bannana clip.
63. You remember "Where's the Beef?"
64. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' 'bout Willis?"
65. You had big hair and you knew how to use it.
66. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you!

11 comments:
C'mon, Kelly!
Let's see the picture of you wearing your Hammer Pants!
Ahhh, jellies...those were some good, quality shoes! I think we wore them until they fell apart (which probably wasn't very long)!
I still want your 6th grade picture up:)
Sometimes I wish it were the 80's those were fun times-especially the music and the clothing...sike! I love the music, I can do without the clothing-although most of what we used to wear is coming back in style-pathetic-these designers need to get an original thought!
Happy saturday-I will email you guys soon so maybe we can get together for dinner
I LIVED for Oregon Trail computer day. My nerdiness is completely undeniable!
I was so terminally uncool growing up. I was born in 1974, therefore making me in your prime demographic, but I could only agree to 21 of the 66 things. In my defense, most of this is aimed at girls. Not to my credit, I had to answer yes to several of the "girl questions" (Jem was my favorite cartoon after Super Friends).
Wade - That's where I draw the line. Thank goodness I have no proof or picture that I actually had or wore Hammer pants. They were a pretty black and purple paisley, though. :)
Shannon-Remember we don't talk about the 6th grade picture. Let's just say that was part of my awkward stage, not that 7th grade was much better.
Also, I can't even imagine wearing jellies now. It seems like your feet would be one giant blister?
Susan-Yes, the 80s trends coming back are scary. No more leg warmers for me, though.
Kelli-Embrace the nerdiness! :) I'm right there with you. One of the highlights of my nerdiness was when I created my own Babysitter's Club. I charged dues and made membership cards for my friends. Yikes!
Paul-21 of 66 isn't too bad. Jem was pretty cool. In fact, she was truly outrageous, truly, truly outrageous! (now that will be in my head all day)
Does anyone remember Saturday morning cartoons when there was only one television set in a house??
Aww I had to watch Shirley Temple re-runs in black & white w/Amy & Becca. For an hour. Now and then there would be a surprise "back-to-back specials" weekend that sprung up. Hey I was missing the SuperFriends! Change the channel!
Ducktales, FraggleRock & GI-Joe between goliath battles of Magic Johnson clashing with Larry Bird. ...Swimming laps in a pool for two hours. Playing basketball after it was dark.
That was when trouble and mischief was jumping over the back fence, running amuck in the open meadow nearby and walking too closely to the creek, leaning over checking out all the fishes. Playing Tom Sawyer in the Suburbs. The good'ol days.
Nice list Kelly. I was four years ahead of that wave. I remember a tiny but popular boy band that didn't get even a mention on your list. What's the diss about?
I recall a whoole lot of girls Becca's age, that had New Kids on the Block posters up on their bedroom walls...
Not even a (whisper) on the list. Hmm... i probably missed it I didn't really take too close a look.
I had star wars figures. They were the bomb.
-Butch
#52. New Kids on the block are the coolest.
Hey Butch,
NKOTB is definitley on the list as they should be. :) I'm proud to confess to having gone to 3 of their concerts.
Oh, my, this takes me back! Kelly - you are so brave to post a 7th grade pic. I think mine of the same era fulfills both #18 (stonewashed jeans...) and #24 (fluorescent lime green sweater - over a green plaid shirt - OH YEAH!).
Your list cracks me up, and since I am a girl, I get to identify with more of them than Paul does. I must say, however, that so much of my late elementary school/middle school memories are filled with REALLY wanting but my mom being too practical to get me some of the really cool things on the list. Jellies - never had a pair. Dad has a thing about good shoes. Drove me nuts as a kid. Missed out on the shirt gathering clip - I think I used actual hair clips for that. And yet, somehow, I DID have a sweatshirt with buttons sewn all over the front. How did I get in on THAT fad and miss out on others? Parent logic is odd. Skip-It! Oh, I wanted one of those so badly! It was like Sit-N-Spin all grown up.
But you brought up some wonderfully fond memories, too. I will never forget using up all the smell of the Blueberry Muffin doll because I squeezed it so much. I cherished my banana clips - I think I was wearing one on the Sunday morning I went forward to be baptized! What a weird way to associate a great memory, but there it is.... Oh, and wearing socks scrunched down! Wait... were we supposed to stop doing that? I am wearing scrunched socks as I type this!!
Thanks for the laughs, Kelly!!
56 out of 66, and I'm younger than Paul... lol.
Post a Comment