Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy 1-year Blogiversary!

It's hard to believe I've been blogging for an entire year. Here's the amazingly deep and profound first post:

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - The 1st One
I've been reading blogs for several months now and got hooked. So as 2006 begins and I begin counting down the next 2 1/2 months until the big day in March (I turn 30!), I figured I'd give it a shot. During the last few months in my 20s, I seem to have more opinions to share and thoughts on my mind. We'll see how it goes!
Posted by Kelly at
1/04/2006 08:14:00 PM

The funny thing is that it really started on a whim. I had been reading blogs and wanted to post some comments on other people's blogs, so I set up a blogger account. Within 5 minutes, I had set up my own blog. Before I knew it, I was hooked on reading and writing blogs.

It's been a really enjoyable experience. As a result of my blazing trails :) , my sister and husband joined the fun and became bloggers themselves. Who knows, maybe my parents are next?

From my aunt and cousins in CA to college friends I haven't talked to in years, it's also been a great way to reconnect with family and friends. And then there are those that I've met through blogging, but have never met in person. Instead of traditional pen pals, I've got blog friends.

I look forward to another year to reflect, ponder, and share stories and my other randomness. Here are some from this past year.

These are some of my favorites:

$9.99
Risks

4 Things
Welcome to the Family
Mars, Venus, and Mavericks
The Joy of Mail
It's a Boy!
Back to 30
You Say It's Your Birthday
Back to Blogging...as a Mom!

These 3 seemed to spark the most conversation:

Here's a Weird One
Calling All Parental Units
Today's Thoughts

Happy blogging in 2007!


3 comments:

Shannon said...

Sorry I gave you such a hard time for starting a blog in the beginning:)

It's been fun hearing "Kelly thoughts"!

Unknown said...

I'm glad we met in the "blog world!"

Kelly said...

Shannon,
Glad you joined the fun world of blogging! I enjoy "Shannon thoughts" as well.

Kelli,
It's been fun meeting you as well. :) One day, we'll have to meet in person!