Friday, March 16, 2007

31...Really???

This past March 15 wasn't quite as ground-breaking as last year. 31...not quite as big of a deal as 30. Wade doesn't understand my amazement and freak-outness (not a real word, I know) about ages. But 31 is much weirder to me than 30. Turning 30 had some novelty to it. Turning 31 just sounds so much older! That means I'm now closer to 40 than I am to 20! The good news is that I still feel and probably act more like 25. I plan on keeping it that way.

It was a good day, though. Tate seemed to know it was a special day and was on his best behavior for me. :) My parents watched Tate last night, so that Wade and I could go out alone. We had a good time walking around Southlake Town Square and ate a delicious dinner at the new Trulucks. People...you must go there! Not for the dinner, but for the dessert. Now the dinner was pretty good, but the highlight was by far the chocolate cake. Yum! The waiter said it's been voted as the best chocolate cake in Dallas. I think we might have to go back just for dessert some time soon.

Good times...good day...good year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated B'day to you. Just wait until you get closer to the big 60 like me!!!!! It's all in your mind no matter what anyone tells you. I may look like a grandmother, but I still think I'm 18.

Love to you all-

Aunt B

GliterallyScoot said...

Happy Birthday -- I love it that Wade called you out age-wise on his site for one year older than you actually are... hmmmmm. :-) Glad you had a nice night out!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I felt similar when I turned 31 in January. In my thirties now. Sounds weird. Glad it was a good day and I am so happy to know of yummy chocolate cake!

Kent said...

Is there a name-change in store for the blog now that the calendar has turned?