Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Week of Fun

Last week was lots of fun. I got to celebrate my birthday several times and was able to spend time with family and friends.

One of my college roommates, Garyn, came and stayed for several days and was able to experience firsthand life with baby. By the end of the visit she was changing Tate's clothes, giving him a bottle, and playing peek-a-boo like a pro.

We always have such a good time together. Wade is used to us and has tolerated the "Garyn & Kelly silliness" for years. It's such a blessing to have a friendship that is so comfortable. After living together (and actually sharing a bedroom AND bathroom) for 3 years, you know each other pretty well. Although we live 5 hours from each other now, the comfort of being with each other and the silliness hasn't changed at all.

We went the whole visit without taking pictures of Garyn & Tate until we realized that in the last hour. So, this is taken in the Barnes & Noble bath room. :)



Later in the week were the birthday celebrations...all 3 of them! Wade and I had our night out (see previous chocolate cake story). Wade did a great job with the birthday presents, which included a tiny photo album of Tate's pictures that will fit perfectly in my purse and an addition to my Shel Silverstein book collection.

Then, my sister, brother-in-law, and niece came in town. We had a great dinner with my parents @ PF Changs (both kids made it through without a meltdown). Then we put the babies to bed at my parent's house, and the 4 of us headed out for dessert...guess where...Truluck's for more chocolate cake! (I forgot to mention earlier that the cake is best with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.)

While they were here, my sister and I enjoyed dressing up Tate and Mallory (they're exactly 6 months a part) in the matching outfits we've bought for them. Here they are in the matching Christmas outfit, which is just now fitting Tate correctly. We promised Wade & Brad that we won't do this to them after the age of 16! :)



This picture cracks me up for some reason. It's like they're saying...woman, leave us alone and stop taking our picture! Since they're so close in age, I can't wait to see how they'll get along as they get older.


Then, I celebrated with my in-laws on what is now the Kelly's birthday/St. Patrick's Day dinner. My niece and mother-in-law went all out in St. Patty's decorations. Mary Tish even made us each shamrock place cards for the dinner table. Here are Mary Tish and my nephew, Trip all decked out. Too cute!



Then all 3 of us ended the week on Sunday afternoon with a much-needed long nap. I'm half asleep in this picture, but think it's so funny to see him relaxed with his arms back.



Thanks to everyone for helping make my birthday memorable and special.

6 comments:

Sarah B said...

Looks like you had a great week - I am also a fan of celebrating birthdays as much as possible. And great to see a pic of Garyn - I haven't seen her in years! It's always nice to see others who have special ACU friendships like the ones that are so precious to me :)

Wade said...

Hey!

You forgot that I also gave you the cool Bombay picture frame (pictures included) AND the Harold's gift card! Don't I get credit for those as well?

I'm not too sure about dressing Tate & Mallory in matching clothes until they are 16 - talk about giving them both a complex! In fact, why don't we just let this be the one time, OK?

Love ya,

W

Shannon said...

I like your "model pose" in the last picture:)

It was fun celebrating. And the "date night" was fun too! The chocolate cake is pretty good people...Kelly isn't joking!

Wade, how about coordinating outfits for Tate and Mallory? Until Kindergarten...would that work? It's just too cute to give up when they are babies and don't know any different!!

Wade said...

Any matching outfits will have to first be submitted for approval by the Review Board; consisting of Brad and myself, both of us carrying equal voice and vote (all ties will be decided by a long distance bicycle race with winner having final say).

It can be assumed that any matching outfits not promenantly displaying logos of Metroplex-area professional athletic teams will not be approved.

Otherwise, knock yourself out!

Kelly said...

Alrighty litle sister...it's not a "model pose." :) I had seriously just woken up. You're funny! :)

Anonymous said...

How about them being Cal Bears outfits only!!!!!!!!!! Love that T shirt in the final shot.....

Who else-
Aunt B