Saturday, July 07, 2007

24-hour getaway

Since it’s looking like Hawaii won’t happen until 2008 (see Bummer Story), we went ahead and took some of the vacation money we had saved up and had a quick 1-night getaway at a local fancy schmancy hotel. So, I survived my first 24 hours without Tate. I have to say I was excited to see him when we picked him up, but was fully able to enjoy myself while we were gone.

Our typical hotel is more the Hampton Inn caliber, but we decided what the heck, we have to make up for 8 days in Hawaii!

It was a relaxing 24 hours that included a Swedish massage, dinner at PF Changs, dessert at Trulucks (yes that chocolate cake is still to die for), sleeping in until 9:00 a.m., a stash of the fancy shmancy miniature toiletries that are now in our guest bathroom, and 4 uninterrupted hours of lounging at the pool (with NO rain and lots of sunshine!!!). I didn’t want to leave.

But I do have one huge regret. I had my camera with me the whole time and didn’t take one single picture. I’ve realized lately that I have hundreds of pictures of Tate but have somehow stopped taking pictures of me and Wade.

So to fully document the weekend, I’m pretty sure this is what we looked like. :)




The getaway was wonderful and relaxing. I mean who really needs Hawaii anyway, right?

8 comments:

Keri said...

Kelly, you crack me up!!! Love the pictures. You and I could be twins!

Shannon said...

Wow, you and Wade were really able to get that "bronze tan" after just 4 hours at the pool. Impressive!

I'm glad you had a good time in spight of the destination change.

Wade said...

Hey Shannon,

The bronze tan is nice but I'm more impressed with my new set of abs!

They weren't kidding when they said, "Abs in 15 minutes!"

W

Brittyne Fitzgerald said...

I've read this twice today because it keeps me laughing. I am so glad you had a great get away! It makes you a better mom!

Pearson Family said...

So glad you guys got to get away! by the way, I am about to post some of the proofs on the photo blog!

Wendy said...

I've realized so many times (but not really ever done anything about it) that I have stopped taking pictures of everyone other than Casen! But, I like your method of photo substitution better anyway!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Oh that's funny!

Please email me where you went b/c I am trying to get something together for Jeff's birthday!

Glad you had a great 24 hour getaway!

Ashley said...

Even small getaways can be refreshing when you return back to "mommy land"!! Glad the two of you made the best of it and treated yourselves! I totally have empathy about the Hawaii trip; Chad and I went there on our honeymoon and have been trying to figure out when we're going back without kiddos! Hope ya'll get back soon!!