Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Misc. Motherhood

Isn’t it 2007? Doesn’t that mean that most dads these days are taking the partnership approach to parenting? If not, please don’t tell Wade. I’ve convinced him it’s the thing to do now. Anyway, if we’ve come this far in having active participating dads, why does the Blue Mesa Grill have a changing table in the women’s restroom but not the men’s restroom?

___________________________________________


I love a good sale! I’ve been eyeing the Target clearance rack lately and was holding out until I knew the prices were at their lowest. Score!
4 pair of shorts, $0.98 each
2 onesies, $0.98 each
1 onesie, $1.48
1 pair of shorts, $1.48

Although I was the only one standing in the aisle, I grabbed those suckers before anyone else had a chance. :) Note to family members, Tate doesn’t need a new pair of shorts until he’s about 3 years old.


___________________________________________


I made a promise to myself not to be the mom that goes over the top talking about the over-achieving accomplishments of my child. Easier said than done, right? Humor me for a little, because this one was too cute. I put Tate in the Exersaucer the other day and ran to get the mail. I came right back and as I walked by him, I seriously think he said "ma ma."


It was really hot outside, so maybe I was hallucinating. And yeah, I know he probably didn't mean to say it to me or even associates that word with me yet. But instead of a bout of good timing, I'm thinking "ma ma" is already his first word! :)

3 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I bet you he did say "ma ma" Tate is one smart cookie.


Nephew Elijah now points to me and says "Sue Sue!" I just love my name being said over and over!

Jody said...

I have NO doubt that he meant what he said. Addison is doing that too. She says it while she is crying (which is all the time right now). I just smile at her and am happy she knows my name at 3 1/2 months ; )
Miss you tons.

Janell

Keri said...

awww... how sweet!! :) Good to hear no matter the circumstances.

I was in our local Target and grabbed me some bargin shorts as well. SWEET!!!!