
Well, I’m way overdue on this. But last week, Tate turned 7 months old. Part of the tardiness is that I’m running out of ideas on how and where to take his “block” picture. Let me know if you have any ideas.
But this picture cracks me up because you can see his gangliness emerging…long skinny arms and legs. He’s still at the low end of weight but has shot up in length even more lately. Those must be from the Strzinek and Higlin (my mom’s side) genes.
Each month really is a new adventure. The latest and greatest is that after the baby cereal protest and my fear of having a picky eater, he got used to solid foods and eats most of what I give him now. I’ve even ventured into the world of making a few of the baby foods myself. Yes those that know my disdain for cooking “grown-up” food are laughing out loud right now. It’s pretty easy (which means a lot coming from me) and is a lot cheaper. Tate’s favs seem to be sweet potatoes and what I call Baby Guacamole (pureed avocado with a little formula). Here he is enjoying good ‘ol Gerber carrots.

He’s not quite sitting up completely on his own yet but seems to be close. He has mastered the rolling over both ways, which is pretty funny to watch him do in his crib in the middle of the night. His favorite toys seem to be puzzle pieces, the squeaker sports balls, the driving car, and his plastic blocks.
We have definitely noticed an interesting personality trait lately. I’m not quite sure how to describe it, but he seems to want his space. It’s happened on several occasions with various family members and friends who have been playing with him and maybe get too up close and personal in his face. Before you know it, the joyful, smiley face has instantly turned into a petrified frown turned cry.
This happened yet again when our friend Paige took his 6 month pictures. Considering his mood, she got some good ones…just no smiles.
But once he has his space and is content, he really is a happy baby. He loves watching Macy, going on walks outside, swimming, and playing with Daddy. Here is a picture of Wade’s new game…lying on the ottoman playing with Tate while still getting to watch TV!




6 comments:
kelly, Tate is just precious!!! I can't believe he is 7 months old. I love the light hair and those blue eyes are so sweet!!!
Kelly~
YOU ARE MAKING FOOD? ; ) I am kidding! Seriously though, with twins I really need to look into this bright idea! Tate is BEAUTIFUL! He is NOT gangly! We can't wait to spend time with you guys again.
Janell
P.S. How is he already SEVEN months? WOW!
Hey Kelly,
I stumbled onto your site from Kelli F's site and wanted to say that Tate is just precious. Anyway, I made baby food for both of my boys. There is a great book out there called "First Meals" by Annabel Karmel. I got it several years ago on One Step Ahead but I'm sure you can find it on Ebay. It has amazing recipes for baby food and tells you exactly what to use and what important vitamins they are getting from it. I'd never purchased Rutabaga before this experience but my boys loved everything I made. You can make a ton and freeze it up so that you are not getting the blender out every single day. Good luck!
Good job for making his food. I made pretty much all of Bailey's and she is a great eater to this day! By the time Abby got around to eating, I could only make it to the jars and she is SUPER picky!!! I swear that it's because Bailey was used to the fresh taste of real foods from early on! Try some combo's! Bailey loved peaches and bananas all blended together!
Great update on the little (or should I say big, can't beleive he's 7 months old already!) guy. I've told you before, but I'm super impressed that you are still making his food (not just because you don't make your own!!). See you tomorrow!
So cute. He looks so long and so old!! What happened to the little newborn?? He just gets cuter with age :)
Post a Comment