Friday, October 05, 2007

Misc. Catching Up

Wow, what a week it has been. This was Tate’s first time to really get sick. So he decided to go all out and share it with us as well. I'll spare the gory details of 3 people with a stomach bug, but we were all pretty pathetic at some point in time this week with 101-102 degree fevers. At least it wasn’t all at the same time. Poor Tate…his began in the middle of the night Saturday. When I went to his room and found him crying and covered in yuckiness, it just about broke my heart. That must be so confusing to babies. He’s been a trooper, though.

The most amusing part of the sickfest was unfortunately when Wade was throwing up. Tate and I were in the next room, and every time Wade made that horrible noise, Tate would just crack up laughing. It was sad and hysterical at the same time. But we are all far down the road to recovery, so you can now come near us again.

_____________________________________________________

In other Tate news, we’re headed to physical therapy. For those that have seen Tate’s extreme love of kicking his legs, you may be surprised that the boy has still not stood up or even put weight on his legs much at all. We had a follow-up appt. with the pediatrician today, and she wants him to get a little more help. Our hope is that it’s just a motivation issue. He seems to have full range of motion and use of his legs, but he just doesn’t seem to want to use them to do anything but kick or suck on his toes.

Probably a few months ago, I would’ve broken down in tears thinking I had failed him as a mother somehow, but at this point, I’m ready to figure it out and help him learn a few tricks to get him going. Should be interesting.

_____________________________________________________

And to finish out the week with some good TV talk, I have a new favorite TV show…Ugly Betty. I saw some re-runs over the summer and started watching the new season. I love it! It’s such a great combo of quirkiness, smart writing, genuine diversity, and a really endearing main character that you just have to root for and love.

Wade and I have also LOVED the first two episodes of The Office. Hilarious! You would think they wouldn’t be able to keep coming up with good ideas or story lines, but they are still just as funny, if not funnier, as the early episodes. Love it!

2 comments:

Sarah B said...

Glad y'all are feeling better! I also love Ugly Betty. Watched it from the beginning last year. She's not perfect, but on the whole, she tries to do the right thing and I think sets an example not often seen on TV. Plus it's just crazy story lines and funny stuff! Enjoy :)

Phillips Family said...

Isaac did physical therapy for almost nine months due to some weakness in his neck and low muscle tone. It was a bit stressful at first to think about taking my baby to PT, but it was a really great experience. We both really loved it, I learned a lot, and Isaac caught up developmentally in record time. I also made good friends with another mother whose child was in PT at the same time.

Glad your house is on the road to recovery!