This past weekend, I was able to experience 24 hours without changing a diaper, cutting up food into tiny pieces, picking up a sippy cup from the floor, or even carrying around a diaper bag. It all felt a little strange. But not so strange that I couldn't enjoy myself immensely.
My friend Laura just finished weaning after over a year of breastfeeding. You go girl! So we decided that this occasion deserved a celebration and Girl's Night Out.
Our 24 hours of kid-free fun included manicures and pedicures, shopping, a yummy Tex-Mex dinner, gabbing into the wee hours of the night, sleeping in at a hotel, a leisurely morning, and a delicious brunch. What more could a girl ask for?
There is something about getting away...even if it's just 30 miles away. Sure a big portion of our conversations were about our boys. And sure I was excited to see Tate again. But just that brief little break from the Mommy duties reminded me of a person I knew a little over a year ago. Myself.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Congrats on 24 hours of kid-free fun! I'm sooooooo jealous! It all sounded absolutely blissful!
I believe these breaks are a must!! I'm a much better mommy once I've had one. I'm glad you got away and had a good time!!
Yeah every person needs that now and again, esp mommies of toddlers!
So glad you were able to get away!
THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!! She is a rock for attempting breast feeding for a year!! WOW! Glad you had fun!!
That sounds like so much fun! It is amazing to enjoy the little things in life. I am glad you enjoyed it.
HOW FUN!! Aric thinks I am crazy when I mention how it would be fun to go to a local hotel. Why stay at a hotel when you have a perfectly good bed. : ) Glad you got to have a fun time. I think I need one of those 24 hour deals.
Sounds like bliss. Imagine my diapers times three...does that mean I get 72 hours?
Post a Comment