Wednesday, May 21, 2008

And The Winner Is…

Just be glad you weren’t at my house watching the DVR’d American Idol finale. You would be very frustrated right now. After 1 hour 59 minutes and 45 seconds of sitting through some good songs, some bad songs, and some really awkward dancing, this is my last 15 seconds of viewing.





This would be the downside of the DVR and live programming. AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGG! I couldn’t believe it. So what does anyone living in 2008 do? I ran and Googled “American Idol winner” to then be even more shocked to find out David Cook won.

Even though I predicted David A. to win, I’m really thrilled that it was such an upset. I was sure David A. would get all of the teeny bopper and mothers of teeny bopper votes. But somehow, all of my fellow 30-somethings pulled through and voted for the better artist of the two. It kind of gives the show a little more credibility in my eyes that it isn’t as formulaic as I thought.

So even after week after week of tried and true watching, I’ll have to actually see the winner announced on YouTube.

8 comments:

Wade said...

Note to self: Don't forget to extend the recording time on Cowboy games this fall!

Sorry, Babe! I could show you how to extend the recording time but I sense now would be a bad time for that!

Anyway, I'm glad your little boyfriend won!

Sarah B said...

I AM SO SORRY!!! I've had that happen before (with good ol' vcr). At least there's the internet, but what a downer. Makes for a fun story, though :) And yes - I'm with you that the right David prevailed....by 12 million votes!

Unknown said...

This happened to us last year! I was bitter, so I added 15 minutes to it this time! I am so glad and surprised he won!

Kent said...

Ok, so we got U-Verse last week also and I went in yesterday to extend the finale by 15 minutes and I am glad I did. But I am so happy. I haven't been this happy about a winner since season 1 when Kelly won over that idiot, Justin Guarini. I was sure when Seacrest announced the percentages that Archuleta had won. But I am so happy that Cook won. I actually tried to vote on Tuesday, and could never get through. The thing is that everyone Jill and I have talked to over the last couple months liked both singers but realized that David Cook was better. And I think the result was a judgment on the season as a whole and not just on the performances from Tuesday, though I didn't think it was as clear-cut as the judges did. Fun times, though. I did think it was funny that Cook got to sing with rock royalty in ZZ Top and Archuleta sang with OneRepublic. Not quite on the same level there. And George Michael was the big surprise guest?! I didn't really think he was any bigger than Seal. But the season is over until January. I know Idol takes crap from a lot of people but it is still quality TV.

Kent

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

At least you were able to see all the great performances! That was one of the best results show yet

tara said...

That is awesome, I mean seriously you could not have tried to make it stop at a more inoppurtune time! Hysterical.

Amy said...

my dvr cut off a split second after ryan announced david cook had won, and i was very upset b/c i wanted to see his reaction, hear him sing the winner song, etc. but clearly you had it worse. so sorry.

girl, i'm just now getting caught up on your blog. i'm so sorry to hear about poor little tate. glad to hear he's much better now. hopefully the stomach bug will leave your house alone for awhile.

we need to get together again soon!

Anonymous said...

Whenever I read your posts on American Idol I have some feeling that what we get here in Germany is just a very cheap copy (its called "Germany looking for Superstar" and it really sucks). Have you ever seen "So you think you can dance"? Loved that show!

Thanks for you comment - I know what you mean - in general I am just a jeans-and-t-shirt girl and that shoe thing seems a nice accessoire without having to chance my complete style...