I do plan on getting a little more creative with the titles, but I'm still giggling to myself that I even have a blog. Even if no one else reads it, it will be an interesting way to reflect.
Just this past week I actually found some old diaries of mine. The 6th grade one is one of the most amusing. At one point, I actually had a 100-day countdown until the New Kids on the Block concert. (Donnie Wahlberg was my favorite!) It's a pretty embarassing, humbling experience to go back and read all of the drama. Hopefully I won't have the same expereince with this blog!
Just went to my fourth 30th birthday party in the past 6 months. Everyone else seems to be taking the turning 30 thing OK. Obviously I'm a little weirded out by the whole idea--hence the blog name--but am taking it in stride. I found some good trivia about being 30 that I'll start incorporating into my posts.
Here's the first one...sad but promising:
This year about four million people in the United States will turn 30. If you’re one of them, the bad news is that you’re older than 42 percent of Americans. You’ve already lost 10 percent of your muscle mass. And, on average, you’re almost $20,000 in debt. But don’t despair. At 30, Harrison Ford was working as a carpenter, and neither Oprah nor Jane Austen had found fame. Edvard Munch’s famous painting The Scream? Created at 30.
