I got a little nervous. Toward the end of Wednesday morning's early newscast, the news anchor said they had "breaking news." Oh no, not another terrorist attack or visit to the hospital by Dick Cheney?
No, the breaking news was that Angelina Jolie has confirmed that she and Brad are expecting! Then, the Today show begins and has that in their opening. I couldn't believe it!
Granted, I'm a pop culture junkie, but is her pregnancy really breaking news when our country is in the process of nominating a Supreme Court justice, Ariel Sharon is in pretty bad shape after a stroke, and we're surrounded by grass fires in TX and OK? Not so much.
I feel a little guilty about this and think maybe I've contribued to the media using "breaking news" to feed my fascination with Hollywood. The $4 I paid at the airport today for US Weekly probably didn't help either. I'm not sure if I foresee a complete cold-turkey turnaround for myself, but it definitely was a wake-up call!
To provide some depth to today's post, here's a factoid from the Book of Ages:30:
At age 30, Harriet Tubman made her first trip to the South as a free woman to help bring other slaves to freedom.
Thursday, January 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
O.k.! I have read through all of your blogs and love them. You take me so far back w/ the 30's trivia. I have the Journeys greatest hits. Isn't it great? So fun that we were born around the same time. I could say so much (as usual), but I will leave it for our time together when we can chat it out.
I hope you had a great week!!! Glad you are back in town.
Hugs,
J
P.S. I am so upset with Brad. This whole thing is crazy. I know he's human, but really. No, it doesn't deserve breaking news.
Kelly, hey man I'm so honored you sent me the link to your blog. This is pretty cool and I can't help thinking of how many of us are turning 30 this year. I keep telling people I never thought of my age until I turned 29 and now things seem a little different. So I'm determined to look at this as a good thing so my family and I are going to throw the biggest 30th birthday bash you've ever seen. Now I can't wait to turn 30 because of it. You and Wade should come. It's so big we don't even have a date yet so I'll have to give out the details later.
Tony Bedard
P.S. I still have examples of the AHA work I did on my website. Fun times.
Thanks Tony! I figured you were blog-friendly and might appreciate my random toughts. :) It is weird seeing lots of friends turn 30. Sounds like your party will be quite a bash...can't wait to hear more. Hope all is well!
Post a Comment