Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Oprah at 30

Having taken several journalism classes back in the college days, I had a little guilty feeling because I didn't attribute the 30-something trivia...so here goes:
Book of Ages: 30 by Joshua Albertson, Lockhart Steele and Jonathan Van Gieson

So here's the latest one...anyone that knows me knows that I have a special place in my heart for the one-and-only Oprah.

"At 30, Oprah Winfrey left her television job in Baltimore and moved to Chicago to take over the ailing half-hour TV talk show AM Chicago. Within a month, the show became the highest-rated talk show in Chicago. The following year, AM Chicago was renamed The Oprah Winfrey Show. When she was 32, Oprah's show went national. 17 years later, she was a billionaire. "

Thanks to my thoughtful husband, I'm now the proud owner of Oprah's 20th anniversary DVD collection...6 DVDs chronicling 20 years of the Oprah show! Some may be shuttering at the thought of that, but I've loved every minute ( I think I've got 3 of the 6 down). :)

No comments: